• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Evil Laugh Contest - Finalists

Who has the best laugh!

• Edison

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • Hello Kinky

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Richard "AvatarIII" Barclay

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Jeremy Crocker

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello and welcome, you'll have the next 7 days to vote on who you think deserves to win a T-shirt based on their evil laugh. We’ve chosen the four submissions that we believe best exemplified a lifelong commitment to evil. One of these lucky backers will receive a shirt based on your vote!

The Contestants
Edison
A textbook portrayal of a deeply odious Underlord is matched only by how dapper his top hat is. Please note this contest is not about top hats (but really, you can’t ignore it).

Hello Kinky

We can see a quick descent into madness by Hello Kinky’s despicable laugh. We worry he may try to wear this shirt as pants if he wins... but who are we to judge?

Richard 'AvatarIII' Barclay

A laugh so sinister in nature that it caused spider-like chills to run up and down our collective spines. Actually, wait, this laugh conjures spiders out of thin air... listen at your own risk.

Jeremy Crocker

We have been looking for that Blood Imp that’s good at impersonating an Underlord who ran away last week. It seems he learned how to use the internet and that’s a frightening thought even without the blood-chilling cackle.

The Prize:
TshirtPlain.1.jpg

Jun 28, 2012
Hard choice between Edison & Hello Kinky. HK has the menacing villian, buildup kinda laugh while Edison has the demented villian lol kinda laugh. Gah hard choice

Jun 28, 2012
Voted for HK. I like a more devious style of villian that his laugh portrays compared to Edisons evil, demonic monster laugh. But his does come as a close second. James, Id consider adding a runner-up Tshirt as well. They both earned it.

Zixinus

Blood Imp
Dec 17, 2012
I prefer Richard's, as it comes across as the most natural and genuinely malicious.

Edison sounds more like a cartoon villain or village idiot. Hello Kinky sounds unhinged, which is good, but it also implies losing control and that's not something I imagine a Dungeon Lord to be, who is fully in control and has long ago embraced evil. Crocker is... well, obviously forced.

Greetings, Fellow Keepers!

I'm a bit late to the party but I am proud to say that I am now a backer for this AMAZING-looking project and I would dearly love to submit my own evil laugh in this competition! Do I just post a YT vid and then provide the link in this thread?

Thanks!

David Simmons

Jun 28, 2012
Hard choice between Edison and Hello Kinky. I went for Hello Kinky in the end, thought it flowed better and sounded more natural.
Agreed, HK's laugh fits the 'evil' that Dungeon Keeper & War For The Overworld embodies much better than Edison's laugh.

Yolag

Blood Imp
Dec 23, 2012
Edison's laugh is so classic I had to give it to him. Its passionate and overwhelming. The only thing I think that would have made it better is if he would have put a manic, off the rails, out of control laughing fit at the end. Plus, the hat makes me think Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde.

HK was a close second. His first two giggles really put me off as more "I just had a funny thought," than evil. His last two just didn't have enough passion for me, but the essence was definitively there.

Richard starts off very strong, but just loses his tone too quickly.

Jeremy... Honestly, it was forced and showed. He claimed he was trying to be humorous and emulate DK 1 & 2 but this is a evil laugh contest and frankly that feels like an excuse. I felt his comment was unnecessary and inappropriate. It was like a president picketing outside a voting booth.

Good work all, very devious, and can't wait for the game.

Top Bottom