1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewed by Developer Examples of the shortcomings of the AI behavior

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ontos, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Create a theme offered me Noontide, in Discord.
    I will be here to spread examples of non-rational behaviour (or lack of obviously desired action) on the part of AI.
    Offer to any who wish to join. Let's help the developers improve the AI in patch 1.6

For starters, here's the video. Here is the save for him.

AI could do room, near his core, but he didn't. Play with complexity "master", the personality of the AI is different. Instead of lair, pigsty and rooms to attract creatures (including beast den) is all the AI built in a remote site is taverns and the Treasury.

16-plus minutes AI 1) Do not make the room next to his dungeon core
    2) Build of the rooms only tavern and treasury.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

@v0id you'll probably find this thread interesting ;)

3. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

And another video. AI (always play with complexity "master") doesn't attack me from across the Empire. Probably because Empire is not available for recapture (thanks to the Holy land). Even when I do (after about 1 hour of playing) joined the land of the enemy Underlord (Steven) with the territory of the Empire, and the opponent started to get different creatures from the Empire (thanks to murder and torture), he did not attack me. Even if I played 10 hours, he would have not honored me to attack.

This happens on my map Kind word and a gun.

4. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Sometimes the rebellious creatures AI, kill his dungeon core. Please teach AI to meet the needs of beings, and if you have a riot - kill them (or turn it into gold with a spell "blood money"). Not interesting to play with AI, and suddenly discover that his dungeon core is destroyed enraged units.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Another stupid AI. He never built a lair, a pigsty and a tavern. His being constantly angry. Though there is a place for basic rooms.
    [​IMG]

Also, the AI does not understand that impenetrable rock - with the same success it is fortified by a wall, giving a bonus room that fortified wall. He stubbornly refuses to build a room adjacent to impenetrable rock, that's stupid. On the screenshot: I went to his army in part of the map AI, has appropriated these tiles, dug up all the land in squares of 3x3, and went from there. AI recapture these tiles. But still have not built the room. But could put at least a pigsty, or any new room with a work area to draw 2 new intelligent beings.
    [​IMG]

Save.

Attached Files:

6. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

AI (green) puts a flag is too far away (way is through the many pitfalls) - and losing troops.

His troops did not reach the flag, - because their destroy the imperial bombards and sentinels. Teach AI gradually shift the flag, and not to make a suicidal race.

7. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Watch the video. For the bot difficulty to "Master" too stupid not to seize territory, not to seize the portal, not to build the rooms to attract and service entities. He built the archive only, and 3 treasury.
    Simple map:
    Zen Flesh, Zen Bones

8. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Here is an example of the behavior of bots that do not perceive impenetrable rock - like the fortified wall (for support facilities). Obviously in vain, as impenetrable rock helps.

Video of 2 pieces (one and the same game on my map of the Labyrinth for 4). The first part, AI does not build any of the room. Up to 8 minutes. My version - he's programmed not to dig gold until enough gold. But to build the room he needs to dig up the earth with gold.

The second part, with 36 minutes. The same AI built very few of the rooms (despite the fact that they have each 3 or more gateways), but in no hurry to attack a well-fortified Empire, in the center. As well, Marcus, it seems, not knows, how to cross the lava.
    He generally sat in a corner and do not protrude more than an hour.

And please talk AI to build a lair and treasury certainly rectangular size, 3x3, 3x5, etc. Because these rooms do not require any configuration.
    In small maps this is especially important.

9. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Let's see, how far the cultist went for the gold:

He went there because at the time of pay, working at the sanctuary at the top of the wall (of gold).
    I realized that now, units go for the gold on the line connecting the place where they are in the payday point to the nearest cell with gold.
    That's too bad, because there are obstacles imagine. And this "line" is actually a loop 5 times longer.
    Please correct the algorithm - the units should go for gold along the shortest route, not a straight line.

P. S. Imps (as with ghost workers) mined gold from the statues and piles of gold only 1 at a time, ie only 1 at a time. Should increase the limit to 3.

10. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

It seems like, you can't wait for the 1.6 Patch^^.
    But thanks for listing all your Improvement Ideas here, and also show us how to look/test that.

Ontos likes this.
  11. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

See out the video. You will see the search paths for requirements needs improvement. Because now it's straight to Tome purpose, which would be the nearest (if not obstacles, and sometimes the whole maze).
    Obviously, this needs to be improved.
    And I guess, the same search path is valid for work, or a flag.

[​IMG]
    Save.
    Map (private).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Biervampir [AUT] likes this.
  12. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

I will also link this video, just so that we can look at it in a later point, if we are going to change something there

Ontos likes this.
  13. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Thank you. Yes, the video has a description. Problem:
    1) Long duration of action bad mood after satisfaction of all needs 24 seconds (preferably 0, or 3-5).
    2) After leaving the arena, sentient being has the satisfaction in sleep 0%. But sometimes it's not going to sleep. For example, the witch doctor was treating myself (in vain, sleep heals). This delay in satisfying the need for sleep may annoy unit.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  14. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

AI master, Markus, official map "Firelands", 37 minute - does not capture the gateway.
    I do not use mutators.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  15. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

See the new video. AI (master, Steven Fright) for 13 minutes does not capture the Underworld Gateway, and the entire game (I think even if I played 10 hours) captures the Overworld Gateway. Everything you need AI to capture gateways - 1-2 tiles of the wooden bridge, Carl, posed next to his captured territory!

16. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Watch the video. AI does not capture the portal, but she uses the bridge to access the gold. AI need to put only 1 extra tile of the wooden bridge - he does not. The portals were occupied very late, around 10 - 11 minute of the game.
    On this map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855566767

Maybe I'll change the map, and add bridges for stupid AI.

17. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

View screenshot. AI puts rally flag in front of the tile of the earth. Why? Defenses, that want to destroy the AI, inaccessible to all but flying units, because the AI hasn't dig 1 tile of earth.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

AI prevents own workers to seize territory
    See video:

I made a copy of the map, increasing the number of Underlord to 3 (my dungeon core red, in the lower left corner, unreachable for the rest underlords).
    Both Underlords (green and blue) the complexity of the master, the person Steven Fright. They are not allies, they are enemies.
    And at some point green Underlord began returning workers spell "recall" - that is, it prevents their workers to seize territory, in both arms of the spiral. This insanity lasted indefinitely, I watched more than an hour. The workers go grab imperial tile. The owner of the "master" of their returns.
    [​IMG]
    Also, note the tavern 3x3. It is useless. But AI is building it. He builds a room far away from each other, does not use the "Replacement Earth", but puts the room as if he is going to put a wall between them. Teach AI logistics, that he does not put the same room, and often puts the new, becoming the largest room (subject to availability), puts the auxiliary rooms are not redundant, but on a good distance (to meet the needs of the creatures).

19. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Check out the video. On the map are closed with brimstone shrines and gateways. AI took only 1 gateway (the other is AI - 2), and all. And as usual, the AI is not trained elementary - impenetrable rock helps the room the same way as a normal wall. Therefore, it is territory 5 x 5 building room 3 x 3. Archive 5x5 was on the map originally.

That saved the game.

Attached Files:

20. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

AI imps again returns home. By preventing their own workers to capture territory and collect gold.

That saved the game.

Any "drastic improvement" to the AI, in which AI again will interfere with themselves, constantly taking away the workers and hindering its own expansion, is simply zilch. I really hope that this insanity is not to meet, after the improvement of AI.

Attached Files: