1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain really bad 4 gold shrines perfomance on Deepforge Cav..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rootfort, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Rootfort

Rootfort Dwarven Worker

Hello,
    have questions about performance.

This is not important, just critique.
    First of all the "More Money Than Gold" achievement is senseless. 100.000.000 would be a great amount but 1 billion? One of you on steam forums said "It is a lifetime achievement" BS it is grinding. You also hurt our environment with this. No joke. For a gold pile of 2.300.000 my workers worked 19 in game hours at 150%.
    Thanks to windows and steam and 2017 I can run 2 games at the same time. This why I didn't "waste" energy.
    Other let their PC on over night.

For the achievement I have to get 1 billion gold. I want to play on the map "Deepforge Cav...", because of the 4 gold shrines. I have one weak AI on it, I build walls around him with 4 "Well of Souls" around also ca, 85x5 vault with 288.000 gold. No units, 20 workers, no walls.
    I have no numbers but the game is VERY laggy. I have maybe 18 fps and each 3 second for 2 second freeze.
    I turned down the graphic as much as I can (Xeon E3-1230v3, R9390, 8GB DDR3).
    Same happens on another map with also 4 shrines.
    Here is my safe file (2.6 mb)
    attachment

In another game with 1 shrine I have 19h in-game time -> no lags, great fps.

How can I improve the average fps?
    Why is the game so lagy?
    Bonus question: Can you explain Gold Multiplier? With 1% I get fro 250 gold ore 2 gold, my gold counter counts 250 (I checked it twice) and an 1000% I get 2500 but my gold counter doesn't move. Also I get REALLY bad performance with 1% :( Few workers still at the core and doing something with the gold. With my question I am looking for the performance problem.

Thank you.
    ps. I have news drivers. Windows is one month old.

Attached Files:

2. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

I think the reason that Deepforge Cavern lags so badly is because of all the lavafall chasms (which are a pretty heavy terrain, performance wise)

In terms of the mutator, it simply multiplies the amount of gold generated from the gold vein by the specified amount, but since the achievement was added before mutators were added i'd be surprised if it actually influences the gold amount required for the achievement at all, as more likely it uses the base value before the multiplier is applied.

3. Rootfort

Rootfort Dwarven Worker

Like I said same on other 4 shrines map. E.g. Wetwork.