1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Extra Core

Discussion in 'Map Creation' started by gregored13, Nov 21, 2016.

1. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I've done a search, and didn't find anything. I am wondering how I would go about creating asymmetrical maps with more than 2 dungeon cores in the map editor

2. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

You set how many players you want during the map creation stage, then you should be able to place up to 4 cores (depending on how many players you chose during map creation).

To make Asymmetrical you'd just build the map without mirroring anything.

3. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

Someone on steam mentioned using the web map editor. I gave that a try, but I cannot figure out where the .csv file is suppose to go in the game folder so that the in-game editor can find it, and import it.

4. Nutter

The CSV file thing doesn't allow you to import into the map editor, that's a left over feature from a long time ago before the current in-game map editor was available.

I'm afraid the only thing you can do is pre-design a map using that web editor, export an image of the design, then use that as a guide when building the map on the in game editor.

5. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

thanks. I appreciate the help

Nutter likes this.
  6. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

Now, I've got another question. I have a two player map, based on a DK map, and I've published it locally, and it still loads in the editor. However, I decided I wanted to do a variation with an Empire core, which I'm able to add, along with some rooms, etc. However, there does not seem to be a way to rename the map. Before making the changes, I tried to rename the original map, and I would like to have a slightly different name for the variation. No matter what I put in the name, it goes back to the original name, and overwrites that map. A Save As option would be most useful in the editor.

7. Nutter

You'll need to reimport the (finished) map using the import tool, in order to create a new version with a new name.

8. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

Thanks, Nutter, that did work

Nutter likes this.