• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fog of War Locking/Possession Door

Electrolight

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
So I am encountering issues where the Possession Door and all the tiles around it disappear leaving only dirt when I load the map.

Even when I remove the Fog of War, it still happens.

I sure it's a bug because there it is not likely that I am so stupid that I don't know how to use this correctly.

So how are you able to deactivate the Fog of War like in the possession challenges? I know the map editor does not having scripting or triggers but what good is permanent Fog of War?

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
From another thread:
The way it works is if a patch of locked FoW is touching a possession door, it'll be revealed when that door is destroyed. The way to use this is to put a player-owned Underminer at the end of the room, linked to one side of the door via Obsidian (if the Obsidian is destroyed, so is the door).
But this looks like it's probably a bug, could you post it to the bug tracker with the steps you went through to cause it? Thanks!

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Or maybe it's not the door but something else that's bugged. The door/FoW is working fine for me.

Here it is in the editor (FoW locking highlighted - note the door itself is not highlighted):

upload_2017-4-9_13-11-19.png

Here it is in-game before completion:

upload_2017-4-9_13-9-48.png

And here it is after completion:

upload_2017-4-9_13-13-30.png

Was your possession area following a similar structure?

Electrolight

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
This has happened on several of my maps. I made a test map with 3 tests. The first is an enclosed room with rock walls and one door, the possession door. Fog of war was painted over the entire room and door. No obsidian, brimstone or underminer. Test successful.

The second test is a hallway with the possession door half way, the fog of war was painted on the door and the closed off hall way behind it. No obsidian, brimstone or underminer. Test successful.

Third test which can be seen in the image below. A enclosed room with rock walls and obsidian on both sides of the door with an underminer and brimstone behind the door. This time the fog of war was painted on the door and the hallway in front of it. Test unsuccessful. Everything around the door either disappears or the underminer is self detonating at map start.

Here is a view of the entire test map.

And here is the same view but with the areas painted with the fog of war visible.

I hope all this helps.

Nutter

Inquisitor
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
I'm pretty sure that the Underminer in those screenshot is empire owned (and therefore it's very likely the empire AI is detonating it themselves)

You should use a Player owned Underminer (the FoW will hide it so it can't be clicked in RTS mode) to prevent this.

Top Bottom