• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Game Developing

Aug 5, 2012
UK
That there small game of yours only plays for a minute then freezes my system. The universality of games is something often overlooked but in today's market with all manner of systems in use it is wise to consider.

Aug 5, 2012
UK
Any idea what it could be? Does Unity require a piece of third party software?
This machine is getting on a bit also so what specs does Unity need?

Intrepid

Blood Imp
Feb 1, 2013
Oh right on I didn't know their was a thread for this! It seems like the appropriate place to ask game dev tech questions. So Ive just started learning Unity 3.5.7f6 I thought about going to 4 but theirs alot of books on 3 so I stuck with that for now. I have to say its pretty fun for being programming. So my question is this, the chapter in my book im at just got me working with the GUI. Now this may be user error but im quite sure it isn't but hey im only human.

function OnGUI () {
if (GUI.Button (Rect (0,0,100,50), "Play Game")) {​
print ("You clicked the button!");
}​
}
I keep getting a "OS Error code: -8796" pointing me to the line.​
if (GUI.Button (Rect (0,0,100,50), "Play Game")) {

Any thoughts on what im messing up?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: 2/6/2013
I found the problem had to do with Unity trying to pull from a font folder in the user account files. Just had to move the fonts out of there and boom worked like a charm.

Intrepid

Blood Imp
Feb 1, 2013
Ya got two spaces in there. After Button and Rect.
Thanks for the advice but I found the problem was with Unity trying to get fonts from the wrong folder. Also I believe spaces are not counted as code in Unity as they are in other programming languages. So having more or less spaces didn't impact the code at all. I do know spaces count as all kinds of things in different languages however so it was a valid concern. Thank you again.

Top Bottom