• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Game Mechanic] Attacks of Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold_Ankles

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 10, 2011
South Australia
Any hidden/invisible/inconspicuous unit can make an attack for extra damage. For instance: Stone-Form Gargoyle on guard duty, some opponent passes by, gargoyle attacks for damage bonus. Some units are unable to have opportunity attacks done on them such as a unit that is all armor plating and whatnot. This is a fairly self explanatory mechanic. Criticism?

Jan 22, 2012
Don't think this is good idea
Vs gargoyles i would use possesion to force it out of s-form if possible rest is easy
If thieves had something like that just use detectors in your creature mix
aka it could be mechanic that can be made useless (unless we have a trap that looks like a gargoyle 4example)

The only form of something fun would be if creatures do a bit more dmg to oponents on certain states:
Skeletons on feared (?)
*fiery creature thingy* on *on fire* creatures
*mistress type creature* on bloodied/bleeding (?) creatures

It could require more complicated creature mixes

Oh and when talking bout mixes

Can we give low-tier creatures abbilities for stronger creatures to deal more dmg :)
That would solve case of useless goblins laying in player dungeon
Like only goblins can make oponents bleed so dark angels/DKnights/Mistresses can dish serious damage :)
Or insects make enemies swollen so bile demons have easier time targetting XD

Cold_Ankles

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 10, 2011
South Australia
I wouldn't say a trap that looked like a gargoyle but perhaps the decorations on the walls of the dungeons look like gargoyles. Also this isn't the kind of mechanic that is supposed to work against large groups of enemies just smaller ones. And this is just an example of when the mechanic would be used, another would be you get a damage bonus against retreating enemies.

The only form of something fun would be if creatures do a bit more dmg to oponents on certain states:
Skeletons on feared (?)
*fiery creature thingy* on *on fire* creatures
*mistress type creature* on bloodied/bleeding (?) creatures
^^This I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom