• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Game Mechanic]Two little features for the dignity of demons

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin

Spirit
WFTO Backer
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Nothing perverted, more funny/jokey. Basically the succubus is in the game now, I like the current design, but worries have already arisen as to her standing in the workplace (aka the dungeon). I think she should be able to defend herself from the sexual harrassment of her bosses, so I just felt like suggesting two little features to allow her to defend her honor.

1) If you go idle over a succubus for too long you get a Richard Ridings comment, something to do with sexual harrassment charges being filed against you, or a threat of some sort from the succubi union. I'm tired right now so I leave that open to discussion if it ain't shot down. Just a funny little shock awake if you decide to admire the devs handywork a little too much.

2) If you follow a succubi with a possessed creature for too long and aren't doing anything (like actually healing her or supporting her in combat), she slaps the creature and knocks you out of it. With an accompanying sound effect that could be quite the shock and pretty funny to see in action.

Just a little jokey mechanic to add some character to the latest addition to our dungeon. Pretty basic I know but all the same, thoughts?

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I'd actually imagine Succubi would enjoy sexual harrasment, or to be more precise, leaving you to the belief that you are sexually harassing her while the merrily sucks out your soul.

But I like your ideas nonetheless. Nothing like some unexpected easter eggs.

vin

Spirit
WFTO Backer
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I'd actually imagine Succubi would enjoy sexual harrasment, or to be more precise, leaving you to the belief that you are sexually harassing her while the merrily sucks out your soul.

But I like your ideas nonetheless. Nothing like some unexpected easter eggs.
I thought about something like that, but wasn't entirely sure how the player would see that, it would have to be a purely visual thing (unless you want your dungeon heart to lose health or some mana to get drained?), like maybe your whole screen starts going darker and darker with just the succubus you were following left in light? Kinda gives the feeling of her entrapping you with her power.

MarcelN

Bloodling
Jun 13, 2013
I kinda like the idea, though I think it's a bit much programming and such for an easter egg kinda thing which doesn't really contribute to your gameplay..

This kind of fun stuff will probably be put to words by Richard Ridings like RyanAvx and you both said ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom