• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Game Of Thrones

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
What in heavens name happened that everybody is so upset about? o_O
I take it you've neither read the books or watch the show? The reaction is still pretty much the same either way - I know someone who literally threw the book across the room when they read the part in question. I would suggest doing either and not reading a damn thing about it until you've caught up, otherwise you'll get spoilers.

The first three books of the series are hands down the best fantasy novels ever written, and the show is the best thing on TV and is pretty faithful to the core of the books. You'll be hooked rather quickly regardless of which route you go.

Underlord Vulukai

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
if you guys think the Red Wedding shocked people.... there's always this Sunday coming up.....
Do you want to know who dies next???

Because IIIIIIIII KNOOOOOOOOW HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

With that in mind, having read all of the books currently out (and eagerly awaiting the next in the series, i just hope he doesn't up and die like the Wheel of Time series author did before its done) The TV series is still enjoyable having read the books. I rather like knowing whats about to happen with regards to how they are going to visually represent it, since as Enjou stated, they have remained fairly true to the books, minus a few what in my opinion were non important alterations (for theatrical purposes)

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
if you guys think the Red Wedding shocked people.... there's always this Sunday coming up.....
Do you want to know who dies next???

Because IIIIIIIII KNOOOOOOOOW HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
If I'm thinking of what you're thinking, I don't think that's going to happen next episode - the preview doesn't show any of the relevant events. I'm thinking that'll happen early next season. Honestly, looking at the chapter chronology I suspect they may have to do quite a bit of filler in the King's Landing area unless they intend to dip into the next book for season 4.

i just hope he doesn't up and die like the Wheel of Time series author did before its done)
That's #9 on the list of the nine greatest nerd fears. Honestly I think it should be higher on the list.

Underlord Vulukai

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
i dont know.... If you remember correctly, the books events seems somewhat out of order due to them following certain individuals for the course of the majority of one or two of the books. The other events that came after in the series were, according to the author, occuring at the same time as the ones in the previous. It got kind of confusing for a while, but when you look at it that way while watching the TV series, the Red Wedding occuring when it did (which was later in the books if i recall correctly) still makes sense because of who else was being followed around.

regardless, George R Martin needs to jump on his freakin authoring and get the next damn book out already. I crave knowing what happens next!

Sangromancer

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Feb 3, 2013
Innistrad
Love the series, great casting..... can't...stop...watching need more, neeeed next episode.

(Also if they do a legend of zelda movie Charles Dance has to be Gannondorf!:p )

N8wolf

Bloodling
Jun 11, 2013
Parts Unknown
Yeah Hodor! or is it Bran idk :D

i love the books and i tried to watch it on TV but the feeling of song of ice and fire is lost ...

I think the main problem with the TV show is... it descripes the story and not the world. If i read a song of ice and fire i feel like reading a description of the world and the story and persons are only things to descripe it.

Underlord Vulukai

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
i feel like they tied up most of the immediate loose ends with the way the season ended off. Im rather disappointed it didn't play out the way that i thought it was going to though. You guys have quite a bit to look forward to right at the start of the season im thinking :)

Top Bottom