• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Games only you played.

Fireeye

Augre
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
The rules of this thread are very simple: Post screenshots or artwork of video games that apparently only you played and no-one else knows.

creon2.png

In this particular case, it' probably not so much the main game as it is the expansion to it.

Nov 13, 2013
Hey! I play that game, so your claim is false! :p
Have you tried the new era mod for it? It adds a BUNCH of new units, about 4 times the amount in the base game. I did have a couple of crashing bugs, but the huge content increase and unit variety was worth it, in my opinion. It also added in a tier system similar to TA.

I will post a screenshot of a game later.

Castigator

Gargoyle
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
Heart of Darkness, one of the first games I've ever played on a PC. I have yet to find anyone else that has played this little gem.
I did, but I didn't complete it, I started playing other stuff and kinda forgot about it, before I beat the last level. I didn't think it was all that good, as you were either killing monsters, or walking through the game's screens.

Feb 4, 2014
Netherlands
I did, but I didn't complete it, I started playing other stuff and kinda forgot about it, before I beat the last level. I didn't think it was all that good, as you were either killing monsters, or walking through the game's screens.
I liked it motsly because for a game of that time, I thought the visuals were stunning. And I was young, so the whole, killing monsters either with the electric gun or the plasma magic missiles were enjoyable enough for me. When I play it these days, it is a major nostalgia trip :D

Feb 12, 2014
Gender Wars (SCI, 1996)

Basically your typical isometric RTS game, but I was strangely attracted to the whole 'men vs women' theme at the time. Funny thing is, I'm twice as old now as I was then but I still prefer playing the female if given the choice. After all, if you can't beat them IRL, join them in-game... :)

Meshuggly

Lead Audio Designer
Jun 6, 2012
North Nottinghamshire, UK

Dragonsphere.

If you've got a GOG account, you already have this for free, but I was playing it when it came out in the mid 90's (showing my age a bit!)

Nobody ever seems to know what I'm talking about when I mention it. Is it really that obscure?

Huntress
Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex

Indiana Jones and his desktop adventures, an official Indiana Jones Roguelike from 1996 that I swear I am the only person that played. Although that can't be true because they made a Star Wars version of the same game style the following year.

Nov 13, 2013

Anyone played/heard of D&D Dragonshard?

It always seemed a shame to me that this game didn't become popular since it had a really unique RTS/RPG hybrid system along with an overworld/underworld mechanic. If they had the funds to work on a sequel then they might have been able to really refine their hybrid mechanic and get something really great.

Fireeye

Augre
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Heart of Darkness, one of the first games I've ever played on a PC. I have yet to find anyone else that has played this little gem.
Only played the Demo. From what I've seen on YouTube, the amount of neck-snapping, spine-breaking and getting devoured by monsters in a messy way stood in strong contrast to its PG-12 rating.

Anno 1604. "Noone", i've spoken to seems to know of this game.
I've been gifted this back when I was younger, but back in the day I really wasn't a fan of of slow-paced strategy/simulation games, so my enthusiasm was limited. Still is, actually, safe for Tropico.

Feb 6, 2014
Parts Unknown

Defend Hyrolo from the Evil Senior Ganiono and save the tacoforce , get smelda to teach you the macarena of time and you be up against bad mexican evil muchacho :)

I love this freeware parody.

Top Bottom