1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Electrolight, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

So is God Mode only for My Pet Dungeon and Skirmish because I can't seem to find out how to use it in the original or Heart of Gold campaigns?

2. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

Yes, you can't use God Mode in Campaign mode, Crucible or Multiplayer (for obvious reasons).

3. Electrolight

Well that is extremely disappointing.

4. Nutter

I don't see why it's so disappointing. It would remove absolutely all challenge from those game modes. They simply don't suit being turned into a sandbox.

5. Electrolight

Because if you have already played and completed those campaigns and got all the achievements, God Mode would be a new and fun way to enjoy those campaigns and another reason to keep playing the game.

God Mode is just another example of another half-assed idea or feature that could have made WFTO better. I am already board of the game and have little interest in God Mode as it is.

6. Nutter

All God Mode would do in Campaign Mode is sequence break and screw up the scripting, which I can assure you would not be any kind of fun. The scripting system falls over enough on it's own without help from God Mode. That being said, i'm sorry you're bored of the game and can't appreciate the appeal of god mode in sandbox/skirmish modes.

7. Electrolight

That is the whole point though. I want to break the game. I have always found it fun to break games/software in ways not intended. The Sandbox/Skirmish modes are already so open and nonrestrictive and designed to let people do whatever they want. Using God Mode in a skirmish game is like making a map while playing it instead of having to make it then play it but. It's nice feature that I appreciative but it's like "big deal :rolleyes:, whatever".

Besides, maybe I don't want to make drastic changes to a campaign map that would break it, maybe I just want to remove a single rock tile that was bothering me and was preventing me from making a 5x5 room.