1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heart of Gold: balance and suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by BlackBeard, Nov 9, 2015.

1. BlackBeard

BlackBeard Bafu

since Heart of Gold is coming, I decided to open this thread to discuss the current balance of the game and suggestions.

The Doors
    in game the doors are not used, blade lotus it has the same function and cause damage to the creatures.
    solution to the problem: the doors are not destroyed permanently, but are damaged (when energy is 0). When you are in mode "broken" enemy creatures they can cross them.

Once the threat has passed workers will bring the defensive components for repair. As regards the doors of advanced level (midas, glacial etc.), The repair cost includes components defensive and gold.

N.B. is prohibited (in this thread) make suggestions like, insert more defenses, more creatures, more slaves etc ...

List ideas and balance
    - you could make the door half the price.
    - Reduce the prop/attraction rates for necromancers and witch doctors i find that there is rarley safe room for too many 5x5+
    - The Crypt, Spirit Chamber and Torture Chamber need to attract one minion for every prop instead of one minion for every two props.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    Marados and Baalirock like this.
  2. Kael

Kael Dwarven Worker

you could make the door half the price. Especially because i have to close manually the door, its difficult to do this

3. AdxUndead

AdxUndead Ghoul

Reduce the prop/attraction rates for necromancers and witch doctors i find that there is rarley safe room for too many 5x5+s i thing you should be able to get 2 for 2 and 4 for 4 or more. Doubtless the Behemoth rush has been fix and tower d achieve

4. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

Reduce it? so less Necromancers/Witch Doctors per 5x5 room?

5. AdxUndead

AdxUndead Ghoul

No reduce it as in reduce props needed. This was in the gramma but also a whole clarification sentence. I said thing instead of think but the "2 for 2 and 4 for 4 or more" shouldn't have been misinterpreted.
    This isn't really "balance" but Bohser and i have/are finishing a, we believe, concise list.

6. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

Agreed. The Crypt, Spirit Chamber and Torture Chamber need to attract one minion for every prop instead of one minion for every two props.

7. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

This is a balance issue, with quite a few ripples if changed, so i'm not sure if it's as simple as +1 to the limit. And just FYI, they do still summon 2 minions per prop for a 3x3 room (the first prop always allows 2 minions to spawn regardless of size) it just takes a long(er) time.

8. Gerrit8500

Gerrit8500 Bloodling

I definitely agree with the door thing. Is it possible to make them close for hostiles automatically? That would be helpful.

I have noticed in mp that rushing via the wrath line is often far more effective than using the sloth line, only in huge maps it might be different, I use sloth mostly for getting augres. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

For my part I'd like to see things to bring 'life' in your dungeon. Creature interactions with others and and funny stuff are welcome. It doesn't have to have a real function. Keep up the funny Richard Ridings quotes (upon the new Star Wars release there was a funny one) but also RICHARD YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME WHEN I GO TO BED DAMNIT!

I'm really excited for the new campaign.

ryanDC likes this.
  9. ryanDC

ryanDC Spirit

I agree with the auto door locking feature. Very DK. Yes it means that jobs past the locked door won't get done but surely having minions focus on destroying the threat takes precedence? If a job requires the door being opened then we can always manually open the door.

Also with the creature interactions....maybe see creatures chatting to one another, have a succubus performing parlour games in tavern? You know like a ball under a cup and we see an auger slamming his fists in rage cos he picked the wrong cup.
    See some black market dealing going off within the dungeon corridors with a workshop creatur (forgot name) and a goblin thing, doesn't affect defence construction, it's just a caps graphic if you get what I mean.

10. Simburgur

Simburgur Managing Director Dev Team

Wooden Doors and the Portcullis will open and close automatically in 1.4 (unless locked).

11. AdxUndead

AdxUndead Ghoul

What about the AI? I know getting them to use traps, potions and rituals is a feat in itself but with the proposed training room nerfing as part of the leveling overhaul. How will you make the AI's leveling compete? Will you have them using wisdom potions or the arena?

12. Simburgur

Simburgur Managing Director Dev Team

AI improvements are in the works, just not coming as part of 1.4.

BlackBeard likes this.