• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Hero] Cambion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
[HERO] Cambion
Overview
Highlight – Powerful half human half devil demon slayer.
Type– Intelligent
Role – Blitzer
Acquired by– Conversion
Basic attack– Physical Melee
Offensive power – Above Med
Defensive power – Med
Health points – Above Med
Resistances – Resistant to Fire and dark/unholy etc
Movement – Moderate
Work – Train, guard, prayer, perhaps even research to learn more about his background
Entertainment– Combat. Solitude
Special Needs– Temple... needs to pray to supress demonic nature.
Upgrades – PERHAPS... can become purified through ritual, turning him into a powerful angel type being... OR can become corrupted through lack of prayer to become a powerful Devil!
Abilities
(T1) Exorcism: Can detect the presence of nearby demons and undead. Also deals greater damage to these beings.
(T2) Cursed Blood: Regenerates health quickly; however, is constantly heading towards corruption [perhaps increased hostility and attack speed or less anger tolerance i.e. horned reaper beserk!] retractable only through praying in a temple or spilling evil blood. *full corruption could lead to evil upgrade.#perhaps work similar to starvation.
(T3) Retribution: Each consecutive attack against the cambion from a single enemy builds a stack-up of bonus damage to his next basic attack against that enemy (should be limited to a sensible stack max).

(A1) Entrap: Stuns target momentarily, then slows that target temporarily. (I like the idea of this guy carrying a net of sorts along with a trident > retiarii style. Alternatively could be a magical stun)
(A2) Flagellation: The Cambion, forever seeking atonement for his cursed blood has learnt discipline through physical self punishment. After wounding himself, the cambion gains a temporary buff to his defensive capability, essentially improving his concentration in battle. This comes at the sacrifice of health,,, however maybe could help to hold off corruption.
(A3) Gift of the Damned: The Cambion calls upon his demonic powers to imbue his weapon with hellfire, temporarily adding fire damage to his basic attacks. This comes at the price of invoking the demon within, leading him closer to corruption.
Background
The Cambion is a half-human offspring of a demon and a human. Being bred into mortal society, they are considered cursed and have grown despite their gift of power to despise their half-blood state. As a result, they have dedicated their lives to vanquishing the demonic monsters that plague mankind. Their mental state is however fragile and the fiend within has power over the human soul, slowly leading them to temptation. If these cursed warriors do not absolve themselves of sin regularly through either triumph over evil or dedicated prayer, their demonic side will gradually take over, unleashing the fury within them.
A Cambion's ultimate goal is to become purified of their inner devil and transcend their soul to heaven.

Appearance: Lightly armoured man, perhaps bearing supernatural features, wielding a trident and either a net, or a scourge (9 tailed whip)
Loves: Spilling demonic blood and prayer.
Hates: SUCCUBI/Incubi... they are the cause of their predicament!!! they aren't too fond of any demons really.
Anger reaction: SLAUGHTER ALL IN WAY!!!!
Lair: Small shrine. with a stone bed.

Obtainable By: Conversion

How Introduced: Devilish features trick you into thinking it's an evil ally... WRONG!

Entrance Effect: Steps into dungeon, silhouetted with light, showing a horned figure who steps into focus, revealing a deadly warrior.

ADVISOR QUOTE: Ahhh a Cambion... one of yours perhaps Underlord?

Torture: Whipped with own Scourge/tied up in own Net and gored with trident.
camb.JPG

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
ok, i admit i haven't expanded on the possible upgrades part of this,, but i think if that were used, it wouldn't be hard for devs to come up with a 'angelic being' / 'demonic being'

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
This could, if preferred easily be turned into an underloes creature.
Having the basic concept of a half human half devil as a major damage dealer. Perhaps making its upgrade simply a ritual to turn him into a demon,, forgetting about the angel crap, and perhaps giving him some other fire ability instead of a passive bonus vs demons and undead.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Also a cambion actually IS a half human half demon, it's the official name given to them in religious and fantasy literature

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Naw. Just naw. It's just a personal thing, of course, but I have a hearty dislike for the bastard children of humans and demons*. I can't help but to see them as edgy emos, running around and screaming "Boo hoo, noone understands me because of my demonic side". It's the same as with Drizzt'do'Urden or whatever his name is - they are just to much of a special snowflake.

* With the exception of Anna (PS:T) and Neeshka (NWN)

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Naw. Just naw. It's just a personal thing, of course, but I have a hearty dislike for the bastard children of humans and demons*. I can't help but to see them as edgy emos, running around and screaming "Boo hoo, noone understands me because of my demonic side". It's the same as with Drizzt'do'Urden or whatever his name is - they are just to much of a special snowflake.

* With the exception of Anna (PS:T) and Neeshka (NWN)
Lol fair enough... To be honest never met an actual half human half demon, so never though much about their personality. Was thinking more vengeful warrior.

Sebulon

Disciple
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Hesse, Germany
I like the Cambion as he is. Yes, as an Empire warrior, bound to fight against nearly soulmates to maybe one day be free of the demonic side. When converted he may fight against the Good te get rid of the nice side perhaps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom