• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[hero] crusader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2012
Name: Crusader

Appearance image: (for inspiration)
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2010/302/b/c/crusader_by_vlados7-d1qag81.jpg

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/259/7/4/crusader_by_stationx-d2yue3i.jpg
these pics show the crusader with a sword; however my idea is for him to have a morning star.

Stats:

Health: Medium
Armor: high
Attack strength: medium-high
Movement Speed: average
Attack speed: average
Intelligence: low
Construction: none
Training Rate: slow
Training Cost: high
Wage: very high

skills:

level 1: the crusader attacks enemies with his morning star

level 4: (shield bash) - the crusader bashes an enemy with his tower shield knocking it back and stunning it for a few seconds. it also inflicts low damage and has a semi low cool down time. The shield bash may have little to no effect on large or powerful enemies.

level 6: (holy bolt) - the crusader shoots a golden bolt of holy energy from his morning star, inflicting medium light damage however demon creatures will take more damage. The cool down time is moderate

level 7: (heal allies) - the crusader has the power to heal one of his allies. moderate cool down time.

level 8: (holy force field) - the crusader casts a golden holy shield bubble around him, reducing melee damage to about 25% and ranged damage to about 35%. The holy shield also emits bolts of holy energy that will hit random targets inflicting low light damage. The shield lasts for 35 seconds and has a long cool down time.

level 10: (heavens fury) - the crusader glows gold and all of his stats are doubled, it lasts for 26 seconds and has a long cool down time.

Weaknesses: dark, blunt /Resistance: light, slashing

notes:
-You cannot use heavens fury if holy shield is activated, this also works the other way around, if heavens fury is activate then you cannon use holy shield. This is so the crusader isn't over powering when high leveled.
-does extra damage to demonic creatures, undead, and dark crusaders.

Behavior in Dungeon: Well, you just took one of the most holy warriors and tortured him into submission...so don't expect him to just make him self at home. The Crusader isn't going to be easy to deal with, but if you want his abilities and strength than the trouble is worth it.

-The crusader will spend most of his time training and may also do some researching but only with other crusaders. He cannot bring himself to pray to the dark gods so you won't be seeing him in the temple. It is best to keep him in his own mini dungeon, for he does not like most of your creatures, especially demons, dark crusaders, and undead.

Note:
training and researching help him vent his anger

Battle Style: blocker/caster

Jobs: training, slow researching, guarding

Obtainable By: the crusader is a hero; you cannot get him through any other means except for conversion.

Hates: demons///undead///cultists///creatures that commit any of the seven deadly sins///dark crusaders///anything created via cultist rituals

-if around creatures he hates he will either get angry very quick or attack them

-It should be noted that attacking creatures will be a last resort when he's really angry, he won't do this constantly.

Loves: being around other heroes///neutral creatures///creatures that don't have much personality

Anger reaction: you don't want to make the crusader angry, he will rebel against you.

Lair: a mat that he kneels down on as if in prayer

Appearance: the crusader takes the appearance of a holy knight, he has knights armor with the picture of a cross on it, and also a cross would be on his tower shield as well.

How Introduced: definitely in a late level, possibly protecting a high level Lord of The Land

This suggestion is related to my Dark Crusader post here:

Dark Crusader post

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
The basic idea is nice. He's a Knight-sort, more of a Paladin, and uses holy magic to protect his allies. He's a tough tanker-type with magic that benefits a group. It works.

I also like how his magical abilities don't start appearing until level 6. It makes it feel like he's just a Knight before 6, then suddenly becomes a holy warrior / paragon of virtue. Again, this works. It's good.

I do have a question, though: What is his utility ability? The Devs say that you generally want 4 combat abilities and 1 utility ability per creature. This isn't a rule, but it's a general guideline. Would you say that utility is his ability to research?

Feb 9, 2012
The basic idea is nice. He's a Knight-sort, more of a Paladin, and uses holy magic to protect his allies. He's a tough tanker-type with magic that benefits a group. It works.

I also like how his magical abilities don't start appearing until level 6. It makes it feel like he's just a Knight before 6, then suddenly becomes a holy warrior / paragon of virtue. Again, this works. It's good.
Hmmm That's interesting, I actually didn't intend for him to turn out that way, buts kind of a neat coincidence

I do have a question, though: What is his utility ability? The Devs say that you generally want 4 combat abilities and 1 utility ability per creature. This isn't a rule, but it's a general guideline. Would you say that utility is his ability to research?
I guess his extra damage to demonic and undead could be a utility ability

Feb 10, 2012
very nice! definitely fits into the hero's ranks. they need some badasses on their side. his abilities are nice as well. i agree with pizza guy above that he's a tanky type with support magic. can't wait to torture him into submission :3

Feb 5, 2012
You may need to tone down his hatred of other creatures a bit. That or give him some way to regain his happyness. Otherwise converting them will be more bother than its worth.

Feb 9, 2012
You may need to tone down his hatred of other creatures a bit. That or give him some way to regain his happyness. Otherwise converting them will be more bother than its worth.
I've added that training and researching help him vent.

I've finally got the link to my dark crusader post working, if anyone's interested in that one as well.

Feb 10, 2012
while i hated converted heroes in dk2 for the reason of them being intolerable and constantly bitching, it makes sense for the crusader to dislike the majority of your minions, as long as him attacking them is a last straw because constantly breaking up fights in my own dungeon in dk1 was super annoying.

Feb 9, 2012
while i hated converted heroes in dk2 for the reason of them being intolerable and constantly bitching, it makes sense for the crusader to dislike the majority of your minions, as long as him attacking them is a last straw because constantly breaking up fights in my own dungeon in dk1 was super annoying.
yeah, this is a very high standing hero so it would make sense for him to dislike your dungeon. I have added in that training and researching helps him vent, and I could add that attacking creatures is a last resort because i can see where he'd become very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom