• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Hero] Loremaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2012
Name: Loremaster lorekeeper, scientist,

Preface Inspired over a nice chat with Simburg about education.

Appearance image:
Dwarf
Human

Stats:

Health: Low
Armor: Low
Movement Speed: Medium
Attack strength: Low
Attack speed: Medium
Intelligence: V. High
Construction: Low
Training Rate: High
Training Cost: Medium
Wage: Low

Skills: [as always loose suggestions from me about what he can posses]
Meele
Fireball - nuff said
Lightning bolt - nuff said
Banish - unsummons summoned creature / stuns and/or immobilizes target demon/undead
Enlightment - Lorekeeper have reduced cooldowns for some time or spells gain a bit of power
Power fist: Blunt dmg projectile
Flash : Enemies in a cone are blinded for a small amount of time
Utility Mentor : Non stacking aura that grants increased gained experience for creatures in radius.

Ability to scribe runes

Weaknesses/Resistances:
Resistance: None
Weakness: None or might be super minor weakness to fire and dark (he carries scrolls and he is living being not sure tho)

Information: An ordinary bookworm who gained magical powers throught ancient texts.

Appearance: An old dwarf/human/elf with glasses. Normal bookworm.

Behavior in Dungeon: Usually spends time in library, when it is impossibe he visits *temple* or sleeeps a lot.
It dislikes physical labour because for him body is inferior to mind.

Battle Style: Nuker

Jobs: Research guards sleep

Loves: Libraries, temples ancient knowledge, magic.

Hates: Fire, lies, (demons), brute force,

Anger reaction: Slows down research progress. Rebels against you with fellow lorekeepers.

Lair: A pile of books and scrolls which Lorekeeper reads instead of sleeping.

Obtainable By: Hero
How Introduced: Campaign possibly as low level mage, could guard some overlord secrets.

Torture: [OPTIONAL] Torturer burns ancient scrolls in front of his eyes / torturer burns his eyes.

Suggestions/feedback appriciated :)

Edit 1: Yeah loremaster was supposed to be an elite lorekeeper and i just messed title of this thread it should be lorekeeper :p However if anyone thinks lloremaster is also fine let me know :D

Ptlans

Blood Imp
Apr 30, 2012
I like the scholarly aspect of this unit. I'm just going to list my thoughts on it

Name: Lorekeeper/Alchemist - Just my preference

Torture: Maybe take out a book and rip out pages of it?

Spells/Abilities
Magic Bolt - Just an arrow like bolt of magical energy
Enchant - Buff Defence/Armor for 60s
Fireball - Nuff said
Secret Rune - Random effect Polymorph/Petrify/Banish etc.

If this is a researcher/low level mage I think that his abilities should reflect that he is studying a wide range of magic. One of each category like Heal/Buff/Attack/Nuke. The reason I suggest something like "Secret Rune" is that this unit sounds like a character that doesn't necessarily "know" everything and so uses these unknown runes/spells whatever in combat as an experiment.

What about mixing it up and adding some "Alchemist" like characteristics? For instance the unit lobs vials filled with acidic/combustible/freezing liquid at enemies? I mean if he hates manual labor then he won't want to go toe to toe in melee using a staff will he?

I'm just trying to think of ways to separate this unit from being a regular mage

Jan 22, 2012
I do not want to use this guy as alchemist simply because i wanted him to be more orientated into the wisdom.
Abilities i assumed that he is indeed lo level mage but he uses offensive magic rather than defensive.
Also wanted more arcane feel to it, which is rather offensive, instead of divine feel that is more supportive.

nathan

Blood Imp
May 4, 2012
I like the idea but sounds a bit too close to the mage in its role in game.

I think it would fit in if he gained an eagle at some point in his development that harasses enimies and increases his line of sight (plus it would look cool perched on his shoulder).

Jan 22, 2012
Wait i would understand suggesting an owl or raven but eagle O_O" i think he is too weak to support one on his shoulder /arm

nathan

Blood Imp
May 4, 2012
Good point :p it didint have to be an eagle was just the first bird that would look smart that came to mind, a raven or owl would do too.

Jan 22, 2012
Yeah i did not say he will have one ... /OT

Serioulsy tho

Any suggestions to skills ?
I thought about D&D style words of power or something related to "true names" but i think they might not be good for a semi low level hero that i want this to be

nathan

Blood Imp
May 4, 2012
Wild birds dont fit but pet ones fit might incorparate the pet bird into an idea i am thinking of atm.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I suppose it partly comes down to this: Is this creature a replacement for the wizard or something to stand beside the wizard equivalent? If it's a replacement, its abilities don't really need changing. If it ISN'T...

I'll toss out a few ideas real fast, but don't expect quality ones.

Disruption [Debuff - A single enemy's abilities all stop recharging for several seconds (7?) except for its basic attacks.]
Wind Buffet [AoE Ranged Attack - A powerful wind quickly strikes enemies for some bludgeoning damage and knocks them to the ground. May not work against particularly heavy enemies.]
Magic Fist [Ranged Attack - A magical fist flies out from in front of the Loremaster and slams into an enemy, dealing bludgeoning damage and knocking them on their back.]
Chain Lightning [Ranged Special - This attack strikes an enemy, then bounces off and strikes the next nearest enemy, repeating this process until it has either struck five different targets or cannot reach another enemy. It deals less damage with each successive bounce.]
Blinding Flash [AoE Debuff - The Loremaster lifts his staff which releases a flash of blinding light. Enemy units' attack capabilities and defenses are drastically reduced for a period of time (10-15 seconds?).]
Eldritch Spear [Ranged Special - The Loremaster throws a spear made of pure magic, dealing both Dark and Light damage. It flies in a straight line (60 feet?), but hits every creature (friend or foe) in its path, going through each one to deal damage. This damage is not reduced per target it hits, making it ideal for thin corridors.]

Jan 22, 2012
I planned it to be a 1st tiem wizard just like cultist and Wizard/Mage as highier tier unit

Hmm like that wind and Magic fist and Flash

rest are a bit too high level for my imagination :p

Apr 23, 2012
norway
www.youtube.com
This post violates rule 2
Whyyyyyyyy just whyyyyyy noone wants to suggest skills and instead discuss about birds/books T_T
FINE!11 fire ball, lightningbolt, healing, able too heal HIMSELF and or other in range at higher levl or a singel unit, or ONlY himself at a lowr level, maby someting too paralyze them light maby, OR ICE!!!! shoot ice ETHER too DAMANGE them and or stun them, aaannnnnddddd eeeeeehhhhhhhhh...... rock, maby? XD lol, shoot a ROCK at enemys XD lol, but just ask me or ideas, i have tourets and overactive imagination, so XD lol i can give you ALL KINDSA IDEAS

MrWahloh

Dwarven Worker
May 6, 2012
The Netherlands
May I suggest a visual?

Professor Putricide

Crazy looking - Evil Scientists always look a bit goofy.
Evil looking - Undead is usually seen as evil.

Ofcourse the WFTO team will do a way better job then Blizzard with the model. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom