• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

(Hero) Monster Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2012
Name : Monster Hunter

Stats:

Health: low
Attack: melee, holy
Armour: low
Accuracy: high
Agility: medium-high
Speed: high
Luck: medium
Recovery Rate: low
Intelligence: low
Construction: high (only for traps, everything else is low)
Training Rate: medium
Training Cost: medium
Wage: medium

Skills:

Level 1- attacks quickly with his sword for light damage

Level 2- gains the ability to use his bow which is very fast

Level 4- "Nap Time" a knife throw that if hits, puts target to sleep, allowing safe passage

Level 5- "Righteous Arrow" gains a special arrow that does high holy damage

Level 8- "Vengengful Arrow" gains an arrow that banishes demons/beasts, removing them from combat for a short duration

Level 10- "The Reckoning" gains a spell where he shoots an arrow at a location that sends out a moderate radius, encasing all demons/beasts in stone. While in stone their life slowly drains until the stone is broken by damage. (stone can be targeted by units and attacked)

Information: a lightly armored, quick moving archer and swordsman. Much of his life has been ruined by foul creatures and now serves his king and his people by dedicating his life to destroying all threats from below, in honor of his fallen brothers and sisters.

Behavior in Dungeon: the monster hunter is solitary and while he gets along with other heroes, hates demons and none-humanoid creatures so will avoid them. He will make random traps idly in the workshop if happy and will often explore outside your dungeon.

Battle Style: blitzer. While he can attack from a distance and is very fast, he will attack demon and none-humanoid creatures as a priority and till the death no matter what. If it’s a humanoid he will retreat to a safe distance and use ranged attacks

Jobs: exploring, training, slow researching, quick trap manufacturing

Obtainable By: torture

Hates: demons, none-humanoid creatures

Loves: prefers heroes but likes to be alone. No creature except the 2 mentioned above makes him upset.

Anger reaction: Will go after his 2 hated creature types and kill them if you have any, then rebel and cannot be converted again.

Lair: a small wooden stool at a small wooden table. He sits hunched over reading sprawled out parchment/maps, with a candle lit at the edge.

Appearance: a tall, broad shouldered man, hooded and cloaked. He wears boots and has daggers strapped to his legs, short sword sheathed at his side, and bow and quiver on his back. When he walks he sneaks, but swiftly. His face is masked by his hood.

How Introduced: n/a

Attracted by: must be tortured

Entrance Effect: must be tortured

Torture: is on his knees trembling in agony as shadowy claws tear at him and horns appear on and off his head.

Mentor Quotes: don’t let his unfriendly appearance and demeanor fool you. This adventurer’s loyalties lie with his King and his people. He’s lost much of his home and loved ones to your wretched minions and has made it his purpose in life to eradicate every evil wretch he finds in holy fire and a blaze of arrows and glory.

Jan 22, 2012
Hmm Personally i do not like those stats, too weak to be monster hunter think bout it if a hunter is easy to be killed by monster he should change proffesion. In addition most canon monster/demon hunters are badasses : Gwynbleidd, ,Gattsu etc

Role could be a support seeing as most of his dmg is ranged

Most monster hunters fight in meele cause it is somewhat easier to fight monsters in meele than from range. Ranged weapon is good to hunt animals only. Additionaly most hunters origin involves harsh training routine to fight monsters on equal footing.
Plus ranged weapons usually does not posses enought killing power to kill most monsters. bows does not have enought power to pierce creatures scales and crossbows takes long time to reload.

lvl4 : It makes creature go to his bed and sleep there ? Strange skill imo but sleep mechanics may be changed in WftO
lv8 8 skill: what do you mean remove from combat? Plus one can banish things things that do not belong to this realm and as far as i know most demons in DK seriesw belong to realm where keeper rules.
lvl 10 skill too strong ( use that on dropped stack and voila battle won)

TL;DR : Change name to hunter/archer and get rid of lvl 10 skill

Feb 10, 2012
Hmm Personally i do not like those stats, too weak to be monster hunter think bout it if a hunter is easy to be killed by monster he should change proffesion. In addition most canon monster/demon hunters are badasses : Gwynbleidd, ,Gattsu etc

Most monster hunters fight in meele cause it is somewhat easier to fight monsters in meele than from range. Ranged weapon is good to hunt animals only. Additionaly most hunters origin involves harsh training routine to fight monsters on equal footing.
Plus ranged weapons usually does not posses enought killing power to kill most monsters. bows does not have enought power to pierce creatures scales and crossbows takes long time to reload.

lvl4 : It makes creature go to his bed and sleep there ? Strange skill imo but sleep mechanics may be changed in WftO
lv8 8 skill: what do you mean remove from combat? Plus one can banish things things that do not belong to this realm and as far as i know most demons in DK seriesw belong to realm where keeper rules.

-_- ability 4 puts target to sleep. . .on the spot. and 8 banishes them but as in, putting them in a vortex or freezing them in place to where they can't target or be targeted. 10 i admit is powerful. his ranged unit could be very powerfully who's to say it's a regular bow/crossbow. his stats could be easily changed, i made him quick and accurate with powerful ranged but weak in other places so you'd have to use him carefully but i see your point. i also wanted him to be mostly ranged. I pictured a van helsing kinda character here.

Feb 9, 2012

I feel like your being a bit too harsh, I think this hero is fine the way he is, the level 10 ability is very powerful but it can be easily nerfed if its too over powering.

Jan 22, 2012
I only
I feel like your being a bit too harsh, I think this hero is fine the way he is
Well i can't help being picky but generally without the knowledge of WftO mechanics some skills are generally hard to judge.

-_- ability 4 puts target to sleep. . .on the spot. and 8 banishes them but as in, putting them in a vortex or freezing them in place to where they can't target or be targeted. 10 i admit is powerful. his ranged unit could be very powerfully who's to say it's a regular bow/crossbow. his stats could be easily changed, i made him quick and accurate with powerful ranged but weak in other places so you'd have to use him carefully but i see your point. i also wanted him to be mostly ranged. I pictured a van helsing kinda character here.
I know i am harsh but one can be harsh about motif that he likes :D (general feel of your suggestion is fine like behaviour)
1) There was no sleep in DK2 so i assumed "old style sleep" bear in mind that mechanic is quite powerfull forcing creature out of fight for a long time:p
2) Forgot about van hellsing but he did not fight vs typical fantsy world creatures so can't judge his repeated crosbow here
3) IIRc there is no dmg type in DK series (but can be easily made into bonus dmg vs ?)

Some more critic/suggestion :D
What about changing him to blocker like semi tought blocker with ranged anti-undead/demon mechanics
from your suggestion i would add things like holy water grenades instead of throwing knives with semi longish cooldown
instead of *equiping a bow* a rapid burst of arrows from arm-crossbow like dark elf throw (i tink that would be compromise between meele and ranged style)
some type of self buff that gives him (slight) bonus vs undead/demons to all skills
or something like *poisoning* next skill does something extra ?
Instead of vengefull arrow a meele skill like Holy talisman which stuns/petrifies creature
Generally something like mid levlel tough meele with some ranged capabilites

Generally i think about something like that

And yes i am picky ( T_T )

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
There is something I felt I should point out, just for... pointing out's sake.

...Let's get two armies lined up. One has crossbows or bows; one has swords. Neither has shields. Let's take bets on who wins.

The advent of more and more potent ranged weapons slowly made even plate armor obsolete because, let's face it, being able to kill your opponent from hundreds of yards away is a better option than having to fight him up close. Yes, melee weapons have their place in fantasy and medieval worlds; however, to say that it's easier to kill a monster with a melee weapon is a rather silly idea. It's dangerous either way; one just gives you more space.

If you want to make a monster hunter character that uses the 'best' method for killing monsters... Consider that "monster" is an ambiguous term, one that could mean a plethora of different things. Some monsters are beasts. Others are humanoid and carry weapons. Others, still, are fantastic things like hydras, dragons, and all those mean, toothy sorts. There is, therefore, no single 'correct' way to fight all those monsters. One has to be adaptable.

I'll wander off now, but I thought I'd point this out.

Feb 10, 2012
-let's stop over analyzing everything to where it's rediculous. a crossbow is fine, and badass.
-i do like the image posted above that's pretty much how i saw it in my head.
- and adding a spell that puts an enemy to sleep is not a hassel. it's basically a stun.
-and there may be no damage type in the dk series but this aint dk i think damage types could add a lil depth.
-grenades of holy water isn't a bad idea and giving the monster hunter a damage buff against non humanoids and demons is a sweet idea

Feb 9, 2012
There is something I felt I should point out, just for... pointing out's sake.

...Let's get two armies lined up. One has crossbows or bows; one has swords. Neither has shields. Let's take bets on who wins.

The advent of more and more potent ranged weapons slowly made even plate armor obsolete because, let's face it, being able to kill your opponent from hundreds of yards away is a better option than having to fight him up close. Yes, melee weapons have their place in fantasy and medieval worlds; however, to say that it's easier to kill a monster with a melee weapon is a rather silly idea. It's dangerous either way; one just gives you more space.

If you want to make a monster hunter character that uses the 'best' method for killing monsters... Consider that "monster" is an ambiguous term, one that could mean a plethora of different things. Some monsters are beasts. Others are humanoid and carry weapons. Others, still, are fantastic things like hydras, dragons, and all those mean, toothy sorts. There is, therefore, no single 'correct' way to fight all those monsters. One has to be adaptable.

I'll wander off now, but I thought I'd point this out.
ummmm...I think your looking into this way to deep, like unnecessarily deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom