• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

(Hero or Unit) The Executioner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomboden

Warden
WFTO Backer
Feb 5, 2012
USA
Visual Appearance: A very muscular figure, wearing a black hood that covers his face (well some of it) and his face is hidden and all you can see is 2 red eyes, alt: having a pale face with the 2 red eyes whichever works. (If I had to relate this to something or base these qualities upon to get an idea of what I am trying to go at but mix it up: Mordekaiser from League of Legends) (http://edge1.mobafire.com/images/champion/portrait/mordekaiser.jpg)

Weapon of Choice: The Executioner prefers his giant 2 handed blood covered ax.

Armor of Choice: I picture this character in tight black leather and maybe spikes and chains around him

Walking Animation: (Just the same as Mordekaiser) when he walks he puts one hand to his side and it wobbles around and his ax goes over his shoulder and he walks with it just like in the picture linked above Also would like to add the visual option if possible of blood dripping off his ax and leaving temporary splotches that disappear after maybe 5 seconds behind him.

Idle Animation: I picture this as maybe him holding it in front with both hands on the handle with it at his waist and maybe he rolls it around a little and looks at it, and also add after maybe 5 seconds of idle he looks around or even rubs his ax with his finger and then licks the blood off of it(his finger not the ax).

Attack Animation:
1. He takes his axe with both hands and does a slicing animation on the person and let some blood drip off of the person when he hits them
2. Holding the ax above his head and doing like a squat hammer down movement against his enemy
3. A whirlwind type thing where he takes it and does a 360 swirl and smacks his opponent with the ax
4. Just puts the ax back and with the chains on his fist punches them in the chest

Abilities:(I will give many options here but obviously he wouldn't have all these abilities just a pick and chose notion.)

1. Passive: Berserk: After 5 consecutive basic attacks the Executioner goes berserk giving +10% damage(or attack speed)

2. Passive: Bloodlust: The Executioner has a delight in hurting his opponents, each strike healing him for (1-3%) of the strikes damage( only basic attacks not abilities )

3. Passive: Approaching Death: The Executioner does 30 percent more damage to opponents with less than 25% health.

4. Ability: Berserk: The Executioner goes on a rampage healing him for 15-25% or his health and increasing attack speed by 15% (100 second cooldown)

5. Ability: Disarm: The Executioner chop the opponents hand off disarming them for X seconds.

6. Ability: Cleave: The Executioner does a wide attack with his ax hitting the main target and 2 others for X Damage)

7. Ability: Smash: The Executioner slams the ground so hard that (if hero Fears up to 5 nearby for 3-5 seconds and does X Dmg to them)(If unit just does X Damage)

8. Ability: Ribsmasher: The Executioner punches the target in the torso so hard it breaks their ribs and does X Damage and X Damage over X seconds

9. Ability: Hamstring: The Executioner does a tactically slash at an opponents legs slowing their movement speed by X for X seconds, there is no escape.

10. Ultimate(If there are any): Behead(Finisher): When a unit(not hero or hero if he is one) falls below 10-15% health this ability beheads them instantly killing the unit(or hero) (If unit 45-60 second cool down) (If Hero 2+ minute cool down)

Lore:
He was just your average executioner, while he was delightfully killing innocents in a distant town all of a sudden, in the midst of killing a hero that was put to death, he heard him gibbering along the lines of "I never should have went into the Blood Lord's(NoP whatever) dungeon, it was a massacre, so many deaths, so much blood... I should have just died... shouldn't have ran.." now, that peeked the Executioners interests so much that he stopped and asked the hero about this dungeon, and after he got his information cut his head off and traveled here, welcome.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
The first question that comes to mind when I look at this is: "What is an executioner doing on an adventure?" The second question is: "How could this be a Hero?"

By your description, the Executioner kills innocents, has executed heroes, and is in the underworld out of simple curiosity and boredom. This character, already, should not have the word 'Hero' associated with him. Heroes in War for the Overworld are supposed to be paragons of virtue, generally speaking, not ambiguously aligned to the forces of good.

That said, he has the makings of a decent neutral or evil creature, but first, you'll want to use the actual format for creatures when creating this guy. There is a sticky thread on the Suggestions page that says "Suggestion Formats." Open that. It will show you what you need to do when writing up a Creature or Hero. This makes things easier for the developers and for people judging your creation.

Now, personally, I like the abilities you've chosen for this unit. However, I think you have too many. Most units have way less than 10 abilities - that's 1 per level -, and I'm willing to wager that the creatures to have more a higher number of abilities are going to typically be spellcasters. Considering that your creature is an entirely physical fighter, I'd say that he should probably have less.

I really like the passive abilities most, just to say. They add flavor and are useful, and honestly fit the idea of an executioner very well. "Hamstring" and "Smash" don't really fit. "Disarm" doesn't make sense because it means that the enemy's hands keep growing back. *Cough* Besides, this guy isn't a trained warrior; he's an executioner. He kills people whose heads are already on the block. His attacks should be focused around sheer power and viciousness, not tactical strikes, if you ask me. This is purely opinion, but there is it is.

One thing you might consider is making this some sort of inhuman creature and making it either Neutral or Evil. The reason I say this is that, generally, I don't see why a human executioner would go wandering a dungeon... but you could easily turn this into some sort of demon, orc, or other such ilk, something that takes great pleasure in tormenting hapless beings, inflicting pain on them, and killing them for sheer pleasure. Perhaps it could be a Minotaur (though I think we already have a suggestion for one of those flying around somewhere), or powerfully built pigman, or... Well, lots of things are available to you.

Again, this idea simply does not fit the Heroes very well. It has the makings of a good Creature, but disassociate this killer from Heroes. He's a bit too evil.

Zomboden

Warden
WFTO Backer
Feb 5, 2012
USA
The first question that comes to mind when I look at this is: "What is an executioner doing on an adventure?" The second question is: "How could this be a Hero?"

By your description, the Executioner kills innocents, has executed heroes, and is in the underworld out of simple curiosity and boredom. This character, already, should not have the word 'Hero' associated with him. Heroes in War for the Overworld are supposed to be paragons of virtue, generally speaking, not ambiguously aligned to the forces of good.

That said, he has the makings of a decent neutral or evil creature, but first, you'll want to use the actual format for creatures when creating this guy. There is a sticky thread on the Suggestions page that says "Suggestion Formats." Open that. It will show you what you need to do when writing up a Creature or Hero. This makes things easier for the developers and for people judging your creation.

Now, personally, I like the abilities you've chosen for this unit. However, I think you have too many. Most units have way less than 10 abilities - that's 1 per level -, and I'm willing to wager that the creatures to have more a higher number of abilities are going to typically be spellcasters. Considering that your creature is an entirely physical fighter, I'd say that he should probably have less.

I really like the passive abilities most, just to say. They add flavor and are useful, and honestly fit the idea of an executioner very well. "Hamstring" and "Smash" don't really fit. "Disarm" doesn't make sense because it means that the enemy's hands keep growing back. *Cough* Besides, this guy isn't a trained warrior; he's an executioner. He kills people whose heads are already on the block. His attacks should be focused around sheer power and viciousness, not tactical strikes, if you ask me. This is purely opinion, but there is it is.

One thing you might consider is making this some sort of inhuman creature and making it either Neutral or Evil. The reason I say this is that, generally, I don't see why a human executioner would go wandering a dungeon... but you could easily turn this into some sort of demon, orc, or other such ilk, something that takes great pleasure in tormenting hapless beings, inflicting pain on them, and killing them for sheer pleasure. Perhaps it could be a Minotaur (though I think we already have a suggestion for one of those flying around somewhere), or powerfully built pigman, or... Well, lots of things are available to you.

Again, this idea simply does not fit the Heroes very well. It has the makings of a good Creature, but disassociate this killer from Heroes. He's a bit too evil.
You bring up some pretty strong points, and I honestly don't know what to say... I guess I didn't think it through... perhaps it could be made an orc or demon ... but preferably I would want it to be undead but the lore would have to be changed... maybe he could be a rare spawn from a graveyard?

Something like...
In a distant town an executioner happily killed heroes, and innocents alike... just for the pure joy of hearing their last bloodcurdling screams as his bloody ax came down upon their delicate necks, however; one day he was cleaning up the blood off of the chopping block when he slipped on a puddle of it and his ax... well you know how it went... so the villagers without much care for him since he... you know killed pretty much anyone ...threw him into a graveyard with an unmarked grave. One day under the command of the NoP an imp looking for new recruits for the dungeon stumbled upon this grave whilst walking around, thinking their was treasure he dug it up, the darkness seeping from the executioners heart brought him back to life at the sign of moonlight, still lurking for revenge against the heroes and humans alike the executioner joined up with the NoP at the first promise of vengeance. (Yeah not my best work, but I didn't really know how to make it fit... tried to add some comedy.)

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I'd be willing to help you write a bit of lore for him, if you like, and even work on this creature with you. Send me a private message if you want to work together.

...Also, if I sound pretentious, I apologize. It's not my intention to do so.

Zomboden

Warden
WFTO Backer
Feb 5, 2012
USA
I'd be willing to help you write a bit of lore for him, if you like, and even work on this creature with you. Send me a private message if you want to work together.

...Also, if I sound pretentious, I apologize. It's not my intention to do so.
I doubt we need to go any farther, its very unlikely it would be in the game anyways

Feb 10, 2012
he seems like a slow moving melee fighter that attacks slow but does high physical damage? maybe a bit of a tank so to speak? i'd love to have a few of these lil buggers in my dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom