• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Hero] Runepriest

Do you like an idea of creature ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2012
Name Runepriest

Dwarves, A offensive support unit capable of helping by using mighty runes

Appearance image:

Stats:

Health: 7/10
Armor: 8/10
Movement Speed: 4/10
Attack strength: 7/10
Attack speed: 4/10
Intelligence: 7~8/10
Construction: 7~8/10
Training Rate: 4/10
Training Cost: 6~7/10
Wage: 7~8/10

Skills: [ loose description of skills that this creature may or may not posses ]
Meele = Hammer smash
Edited: [suggestion by inla]

Rune of Shield : A: Ally recieves additional protection from elemental damage
Aex: Smashing rune gives affected creature shield that absorbs damage
E: Enemy have reduced protection from elemental damage
Eex: Smashing rune makes affected enemy resistances becomes vulnerabilities for short time

Rune of Lightning : A:Ally revcieves movement speed boost
Aex: Smashing rune gives affected creature more movement speed boost and attack speed buff
E: Enemy recieves small lightning damage if he attacks allies
Eex: Smashing rune stuns enemy for few seconds and deals lightning damage toit and reduced area damage to nearby enemies

Rune of Mountain: A:Ally recieves strenght boost
Aex: Smashing rune gives greater strenght boost, health and armor increase for few seconds
E: Enemy have reduced strenght and armor statistic
Ex Smashing rune knocks down all enemies in area

Rune of Life: A: Ally restores % of damage dealt
Aex: Smashing rune heals affected creature and all other allies in area of effect for reduced value
E: Enemy takes % of damage dealt to allied creatures
Eex: Smashing rune deals large area of effect dark damage

3 possible options for utility skill:

Stance swap : Runepriest switches from offensive to defensive stance (and vice verse) changing the way his runes works.

Runic explosion :

Explodes runes: explodes all runepriest runec giving certain effect depending on target that rune was placed on.

Hybrid option

Exploding runes :explodes all runepriest runec giving certain effect . Additionally changes runepriest chance.

Mechanic : Runepriest runes work continously, however he can only have 2/3 different runes active at any given time.

Weaknesses/Resistances:
Resists : Lightning, Poison

Information: A small scale offensive buffer, in case when one lacks enought *tanks* may be usefull as one.

Appearance: A mighty old dwarf adventurer who seeks knowledge. He wears plate armor and wields Hammer and a shield.

Behavior in Dungeon: When idle runepriest tends to drink as much as possible. If he is satisfied he either goes to research ancient runes, or go to *workshop* and forge new ones.

Battle Style: Offensive support. Unit tries to go into combat and tries to tip the scale of battle with his runes depending on situation that currently hsppens in battle. For example if enemies are grouped tightly he will use offensive runes to deal as much AoE dmg, then tries to protect as much creatures as possible.

Jobs: Researching, manufacturing

Loves: Gold, gems, beer, good song praising old victories ;)

Hates: (Are there certain things your Unit despise? Enemies / rivalries can also be included)

Anger reaction: He goes to tavern and drink all supply of beer, if there is no beer he blocks acces to forge/library to other creatures.

Lair: Stone throne incrusted with gems or anvil with pillow in front of him :)

Obtainable By: Hero

Torture: [OPTIONAL] Torturer drinks beer in front of his face Torturer wastes beer in front of his face
Torturer tries to wash him (anyone catching small reference :) )

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I like the general idea, but you could probably reduce the number of runes by combining a few. I only suggest that because most creatures (though, note, not ALL) are meant to have 4 combat abilities and 1 utility skill.

So, for example, you might try combining Rune of Wind and Rune of Swamp to simply be Rune of Speed (affects all allies and enemies within its radius, slowing enemies and speeding up allies). Darkness could be a part of Protection - Allies within the area are buffed while enemies aren't able to interact with creatures outside the circle very well.

Another way you could try working with this is having the "utility" skill actually be tied in to this Runic mechanic. For example, the Utility could simply be swapping between Harm and Help. The Rune of Speed would be a Help aspect while the Rune of Slow would be its Harm aspect, just as an example, meaning that you could either speed up allies or slow enemies, but not both at the same time. I figure that the Runepriest could either be in Help or Harm mode at once, so he could cast a Help ability (let's say Protection), go to Harm, and cast a harm ability (let's say Slow). This works fine. He could not, however, cast both the Help and Harm version of the same rune.

I hope this helps with the brainstorming. As said, I like the basic concept, and now that you've made a dwarf, I want to make a different sort of dwarf to work with him.

Jan 22, 2012
I like the general idea, but you could probably reduce the number of runes by combining a few. I only suggest that because most creatures (though, note, not ALL) are meant to have 4 combat abilities and 1 utility skill.

So, for example, you might try combining Rune of Wind and Rune of Swamp to simply be Rune of Speed (affects all allies and enemies within its radius, slowing enemies and speeding up allies). Darkness could be a part of Protection - Allies within the area are buffed while enemies aren't able to interact with creatures outside the circle very well.

Another way you could try working with this is having the "utility" skill actually be tied in to this Runic mechanic. For example, the Utility could simply be swapping between Harm and Help. The Rune of Speed would be a Help aspect while the Rune of Slow would be its Harm aspect, just as an example, meaning that you could either speed up allies or slow enemies, but not both at the same time. I figure that the Runepriest could either be in Help or Harm mode at once, so he could cast a Help ability (let's say Protection), go to Harm, and cast a harm ability (let's say Slow). This works fine. He could not, however, cast both the Help and Harm version of the same rune.

I hope this helps with the brainstorming. As said, I like the basic concept, and now that you've made a dwarf, I want to make a different sort of dwarf to work with him.
Godd stuff good stuff :)

1)Yes good i thought as i stated double use of 1 rune could be implemented.
2) I would prefer that rune of protection did not give
3) I thought about making a berserker dwarf suggestion also in any time (after making food)
4)I do not like the switch mechanic i would like that his utility skill was rune explosion which amy have different use depending on rune broke ?

I will somewhat edit that post after i make food tho

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
4)I do not like the switch mechanic i would like that his utility skill was rune explosion which amy have different use depending on rune broke ?
That could still be an ability, of course. I still stand by my statement, as Runic Explosion could be a higher level ability (say, level 5 or 6). Even that could be swapped: "Harm" would explode for damage, "Help" would heal.

3) I thought about making a berserker dwarf suggestion also in any time (after making food)
Feel free! I'm looking at a less typical dwarf, myself. Hint: Crossbows are involved.

I will somewhat edit that post after i make food tho
Eat well, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom