• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Hero] The Enforcer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
Name The Enforcer

Stats:

Health: Average
Attack: Low (Baton) Average (Sword)
Armour: Average
Accuracy: Average/High
Agility: Low
Speed: Average
Luck: High
Recovery Rate: Average
Intelligence: Doesn't take part, but his presence boosts research
Construction: Doesn't take part, but his presence boosts construction
Training Rate: Average
Training Cost: Cheap
Wage: Average

Skills:
Level 1: Smack!
The Enforcer hits a nearby creature with his trusty Baton, the effect is the same as a slap. Deals little damage
Level 1: Sword
The Enforcer's trusty sword, for combat or when Push comes to Shove.
Level 3: Wooden 'riot' Shield
If needed, The Enforcer can pull up his trusty shield, raising his armour but decreasing his speed
Level 6: Onion Coating
Using the tear-jerking power of Onions, the Enforcer can 'poison' his blade for a single strike that will stun any non-Undead non-Insect unit it strikes. Long cooldown
Level 10: Disarm!
Using his knowledge of the enemy, The Enforcer will now automatically disarm any traps he comes across
Note: The Enforcer will still trigger the trap

Information:

'Ello 'Ello 'Ello.
The Enforcer works for King and Country, bringing law and order to the lands of the Overworld. He is a holy man of simple pleasures, y'no, Beer and beating peasants.
Alright, he's a corrupt cop. He's down here in the Underworld looking for wealth and power. He would make a perfect addition to your dungeon...
Behavior in Dungeon: The Enforcer has a strict 'warden' influence over your dungeon. He will patrol its corridors looking for workers or slackers and give them a quick smack, which has the same effect as you slapping them yourself. The problem here, is that he will smack creatures regardless of whether or not they are actually working. Too many of these guys patrolling the dungeon will result in lots of smacks.
And creatures don't like being smacked.

Additionally, should a riot break out, The Enforcer will die protecting you from these damn rebels by slaughtering every last one of them.

An Enforcer will not riot himself. Ever.

An Enforcer will not smack another Enforcer

The Enforcer does not like being in the presence of the Undead.

The Enforcer will spend as much time in the Tavern as he can.

The Enforcer is a slacker. How Ironic.

Battle Style: He's in the front lines, slashing any foe he needs to.

Jobs: "Oy! Git Back to work" *Smack*
Obtainable By: He entered this realm as a noble Hero, well, he isn't noble nor much of a hero.

Hates: As stated above, Undead. Also, slackers. And Peasants. And rebels, and layers, and criminals, and...

Loves: Beer. And hitting things

Anger reaction: He generally smacks extra hard, resulting in your other creatures becoming unhappy. Even from a single smack.

Lair: IDK. A bed?

Appearance: What do medieval law enforcers look like anyway?

Torture: The Torturer comes up with the cleverest insults directed at the king, then screams them at the Enforcer. Over and over again.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
The only thing I don't really like about this creature is that you're calling it a Hero when you specifically state that it's corrupt.

Remember, the Heroes in this sort of game are supposed to be a good bit less ambiguous. They should display loyalty to their cause, be eager to fight evil, and have a certain amount of morals. They're not 100% pure and good, but they are, generally speaking, on the side of good and meant to be corrupted BY the Underlord.

That aside, I find his slapping mechanics and his general behavior to be nice. However, I'm still not sure what a corrupt guardsman is doing hunting down evil. It sounds to me like this character would sooner be beating peasants on the overworld, not risking his life attacking an evil deity-like figure with a bunch of overstuffed do-gooders. Maybe you could change his style slightly, or perhaps turn this concept into a Creature instead of a Hero?

This sounds like a useful unit and a good start to a concept. I just personally believe you could probably improve on it a bit. The abilities are fairly solid, though I feel like "Disarm!" wouldn't be the level 10 ability, but something your Enforcer gets earlier to make him useful to a dungeoneering group. Level 5, perhaps? His level 10 ability should be something much more useful in a fight.

Beyond that... For different ways to restyle this unit, perhaps it's an enforcer of a crime lord and has been turned to the side of evil (Creature), or maybe it's a not-so-corrupt guardsman that the Heroes hire to guard their bases (Hero). I'd say that while he should have the potential to be corrupted, I don't think him being corrupt already is good for the style of the Heroes.

Again, everything I say is just an opinion. I've no more say than anyone else on this matter, so take my words with a grain of salt.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
The only thing I don't really like about this creature is that you're calling it a Hero when you specifically state that it's corrupt.
Your right. A Medievel Law Enforcer. Pointing out that it's corrupt implies the possibility that there are also enforcers that are not corrupt.

On a more serious note, I originally thought of this being a proper creature, but that idea means you'd basically get the unit every game and therefore the Enforcer would make Slapping obselete.

Finally, he's corrupt but not very evil. If the Dungeon Lord is Chaotic Evil, think of the Enforcer as Lawful Neutral. (He does his job. He does it well. His way of doing it is quite moral questioning)

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
The thing is, though, that Heroes are pretty much -the- Good force in the verse, and they're supposed to be the unambiguously good guys. The war here is straight up good vs. evil, not evil vs. ambiguous good.

With Keepers and its minions being Chaotic Evil (with possibly a dash of Lawful/Neutral Evil), the good side should pretty much be Lawful/Neutral Good (with possibly some Chaotic Good). Throwing Neutrally aligned units within the factions just messes up the whole good vs. evil thing - and Neutrals already have their own 'faction', belonging to neither side (and usually indifferent on the good/evil matter).

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
This is hilarious. Though I am inclined to agree that it has to be more goody goody. I think what's wanted is units that have absolute principals, and belong unquestionably to their faction, Good or Evil. (With the exception being Neutrals, as Moth said)

Maybe instead of poisoning his blade, it could be an "Onion Bomb"?

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
This is hilarious. Though I am inclined to agree that it has to be more goody goody. I think what's wanted is units that have absolute principals, and belong unquestionably to their faction, Good or Evil. (With the exception being Neutrals, as Moth said)

Maybe instead of poisoning his blade, it could be an "Onion Bomb"?
I have to agree about including an 'Onion Bomb' ability. In fact, I could see that as this guy's level 10 ability (and, again, reducing Disarm to a lower level ability).

Perhaps you could make this into a Neutral creature... an Ogre perhaps! Hah! "Ogres are like onions!"

Forgive my sad, sad humor.

Feb 10, 2012
i agree he shouldn't be so evilish but, his abilities to speed up research and crafting with his presence is really awesome! and slapping lazy creatures. the slapping thing means you can't just let him be unchecked cause he might make your other creatures unhappy, so he's very useful for production but with a twist. I also like the drunken bit. I can imagine many a hero unit spending plenty of time in a tavern drinking. i think this unit has potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom