• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hold mouse button for a continuous action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clord

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Jan 24, 2013
Parts Unknown
Since thread title is probably a bit confusing I will explain what I mean.

Let's say you hold left mouse button, you would be able just to sweep across terrain and pick your minions up way faster or hold right mouse button and slap them faster.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
If you pick up all those creatures you'll be firstly costing yourself mana potentially unnecessarily, might pick up creatures you don't want to pick up, like imps or stuff that should be working or worse if you're slapping you might slap everything too quick and make them angry.

It's better to keep the player controlled and keep that little extra click as a confirmation for the player that they're doing exactly what they want to do.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
I must admit, it's not a bad idea, but I think I'm with Noontide, since I have a feeling that could make the pickup process rather messy. Also, how is it possible to slap more than one creature at the same time? :D (that said, how is it possible to have mysterious floating hand...so I guess it's not that unusual ;) )

Clord

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Jan 24, 2013
Parts Unknown
Well, the point is that it only happens if you hold the button a short while so you can still do it like it is now too when needed. Naturally lack of mana would stop the action from happening.

Also my idea about that slapping was that it would just slap every minion once when you hover over them. So you would not accidentally slap them again.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
still im with the others this is something that worked well in Black and White (for example) but i dont think it will be very useful in WFTo there is less space for example and you wont be able to pick up as much for balancing reasons.

still, adding this to the list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom