1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Holy Maze (still in progress)

Discussion in 'Map Creation' started by DasBrot, Jun 7, 2016.

1. DasBrot

DasBrot Dwarven Worker

Hello everyone i have an idea and want to know what do u think about my new map is a Maze Single player map with no to build anything that means u dont can build a Beast Den in the other hand u can play only with Boss Minions my idea behind this is to using the spell and play the map in ego i have some Screenshots from map but it is not finished yet pls Help me to make this map really awsome. ur start minion is Imperator Lucius

20160607191400_1.jpg 20160607191422_1.jpg 20160607191439_1.jpg 20160607191446_1.jpg

Biervampir [AUT] likes this.
  2. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

Eihm... I think it's more fun to play with an Wizard or Range Unit as an Melee Unit. Because as Melee Unit, you just spam your buttons.
    Further to Lucius is too OP to be fun to play.
    Additionally Glacial Doors are just tedious to destroy

I like the Gnarling because it has Range, Melee attacks and group Attack. Btw, the Gnarling isn't weak
    The Huntress is also fun to play, because she's pretty strong and has a Group attack Ability.
    Arcanist is also fun to play, because I like her spells :3
    For Melee I like the Dwarf (Vanguard or the Silver one. Vanguard has more HP), because of many Group attacks

I also like to have some benefits, when I go this way, like an Alchemylab with Wisdome Juce stored.
    Or you have to go this or this way, and somehere, you can see Brimstone, and you only can pass it with using a Hellfire Potion.
    Or to get into the next room, you have to place a Outpost [Construct], and there's only that much Gold for that to mine, to place 1 (so you can't cheat at Brimstone, with using an Underminer)
    Or you have to place either Vulcanic Bridge or a Stone Bridge to cross Lava/Liquid Gold. and If you placed Vulcanic Brindge instead of Stone Bridge, you get a Bonus somewhere, because you can place and Outpostt or Garrison there.
    Anotehr Benefit could be a Manufacturing Shrine, where you either can fight at the Lava Area with good played Routes with Vulcanic Bridge or place Defences on your Stone Bridges.

ShortCut's can be made with Brimstone and neutral Underminers.

I also were planing to create such a Map, that's why I have so many Ideas^^.
    Btw, I like the Maze Idea :D

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

You may want to try using the Possession Door, to make sure players can only get into the main maze area when possessing a creature.

Biervampir [AUT] likes this.
  4. DasBrot

DasBrot Dwarven Worker

first Böhser Onkel u can be sure lucius alone is not to op for the map specialy the first part of the labyrinth i try the level and the traps in the first part are really heavy for him alone i need to balance the taps a bit because i had to fill the Hp from lucius 4 times before i could beat the room before the first neutral Minion :D and on the other hand i see a problem when the underlord only have gold for this because the payday lucius and all other creatures want gold you dont want they rebell and destroy ur dungeon heart. range minion ok i can think about it but only some minions work since u dont have an lair or Inn i could give an arcanist for the beginning i will try it your wish to get rooms could end in an exploit because when i give rooms to a player he have place for an Beast den and i dont want it :D

Nutter one question about the Possession door i dont have experiance with it can imps go through the door when Possession and claim the land after it when door is your door? and another question is works it with possession raids? i mean you can add some Minions to follow you when you are in this spell

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  5. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

About the rebelling issue.
    You can cage them in a Prison, Inpenetrabel Rock or Spirit Chamber, to prevent them attacking your Dungeon Core.

I see it's mostly Defenses. But when it's finished, I will give it a try.
    Because I'm very interessted in Possession Maps :D