1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you apply the patch to a GoG version of the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NicholasB, Aug 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NicholasB

NicholasB Blood Imp

I purchased WftO from GoG, downloaded the installer, and started playing last week. Today I noticed that a new patch was released and I wanted to update my install, but I can't seem to find any way to do it.

What I've tried:
    • I looked on the GoG page but the only downloads are the full installers
    • I looked on the patch page on the main website, but there is no link to a patch
    • I looked in the main menu in-game, but there is no "check for updates" option
    • I looked at my version and still have 1.6.2 listed, and the patch was released last Friday, and I've played several hours across several nights since then, so I assume no auto-update is taking place
    I feel like there is something really obvious that I'm missing, but there doesn't seem to be any information on the website, searching the forum for "patch" doesn't return much, and Google has somehow failed me. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

If you have GoG Galaxy it should update automatically as far as I know.

3. NicholasB

NicholasB Blood Imp

Ah, thanks, I hadn't considered that. I have it on my PC, but suppose that I neither have nor want GoG Galaxy on this computer. Is it possible to update the game or am I stuck?

4. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

You just re(download) the game again from the GoG website to get the latest version as far as I know.

But before you do, just go on the skirmish mode and check if an official map called "Subzero" is there. If it is, you're up to date, if not you'll need to redownload the game I think.