• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

If You had three super powers.. what would they be?

Malyanan

Priestess
Founder
Jan 8, 2012
Australia
Okay! I have three others if my first three were off the table! :D

1). Invisibility
2). The (optional) ability to read minds
3). The ability to move through solid objects

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Technically wouldn't super powers be actually Supernatural Powers?
Because they're beyond the natural capabilities of most things nature.

Varon

Templar
Founder
Jan 10, 2013
I'm obviously not very original, but still:

I am also fond of the potential to control time and it's effects. Rude as I am, I define that to include nifty little abilites like extending my own life and travelling through time. Imagine all the potential adventures I could have, while witnessing history (and the future) first-hand.

Secondly, I'd like extraordinary intelligence. It would probably also make me feel extraordinarily depressed and lonely, but it would hopefully enhance my ability to accomplish any goals I might have.

Thirdly, the ability to alter my own physique would probably enable me to act as a figure appropriate to the situation I happened to be in.

And the boring joker ability: I'd just like everyone and everything to get along with each other, in a world without suffering. :( Yeah, I am indeed extremely original. :p

Enjou

Ember Demon
Backer
Jan 10, 2012
I only need the ability to cancel out all of you guys' superpowers because I'm a jerk and would get a thrill out of your various shouts of "IMPOSSIBLE!" and "THIS CANNOT BE!" and the looks of shock and horror on your faces. :D

But seriously, if superpowers with no limitations on being overpowered are on the table here's what I'd go for:
1. The ability to create matter and energy from nothing on a whim.
2. The ability to freely manipulate matter and energy.
3. Super-intelligence/awareness so I could have full mastery and understanding of the above two powers.

This would essentially make me a god. I wouldn't need innate immortality because I could simply repair aging cells so they would never die, and I could ensure my body was perfectly healthy in all aspects. I wouldn't even need to eat since I could provide my body with all the energy it needs. I could do the same for other people if I so chose. I wouldn't need invulnerability because I could protect myself by creating energy shields that would never give out and would always surpass whatever the attacking force is. I could destroy anything less powerful than myself because I could simply create enough energy to destroy it and use it as a weapon. Manipulation of space and time would be easy too, because sufficient matter and energy are all you really need to do that. There's not really much you couldn't do with these powers.

Cultist Joris

Ember Demon
Founder
Dec 30, 2012
Belgium
I only need the ability to cancel out all of you guys' superpowers...
Question: if I had a superpower to rebound others power towards themselves, would it neutralize your power to neutralize or would it just disable mine? o_O
Only joking, like if I care... :p Anyway there shouldn't be any limits on superpowers because they are SUPERnatural (means 'above the laws of nature' but you guys know that I suppose...) for a reason!

Lupin

Blood Imp
Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Currently orbiting Magrathea
why? flight and running are not the same thing, you should be able to fly as fast as aerodynamics allows a human shaped thing to fly.
It's more a case of energy application. It costs the human body X amount of energy to walk and a greater amount of energy to run. It is just applying the same principle to flying. Plus you would have to account for wind resistance since whatever way you look at it, if you are flying fast, you are applying a large amount of force to your head from the wind.

I don't understand most of the arbitrary rules people place around super powers; they're super powers people! They can do whatever the hell they want because they're not real things! :{P
It is not rules that we are applying to it, it's applying basic physics to the world of super powers. We obviously all know that super powers are not real, but it is just interesting to discuss real life applications to super powers instead of just going "Oh its magic, we don't have to explain it".

They do it in the comics themselves. The Flash is always seen eating due to the fact he has a high metabolism since all the running he does means he burns through energy faster then everyone else

Huntress
Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
for running, you are not limited by how much energy you can use up, you are limited by how fast you can move you're legs without falling over, flying is not limited in such a way, I feel like if you eat enough hamburgers, you should be able to fly pretty fast, until you run out of energy, possibly up to just under mach 1, where aerodynamics become a bit different.

Lupin

Blood Imp
Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Currently orbiting Magrathea
for running, you are not limited by how much energy you can use up, you are limited by how fast you can move you're legs without falling over, flying is not limited in such a way, I feel like if you eat enough hamburgers, you should be able to fly pretty fast, until you run out of energy, possibly up to just under mach 1, where aerodynamics become a bit different.
What do you call out of breath then? Every person on the planet can only run for a short period before having to slow down. Take Usain Bolt, he can run at 23 mph for 10-20 seconds. The reason he stops is not because of his legs tripping him up, it's because it is not physically possible to run that fast for long periods of time.

Also, if you did fly at Mach 1, I'm fairly certain the pressure on your head will cause you to snap your neck.

Cultist Joris

Ember Demon
Founder
Dec 30, 2012
Belgium
The reason he stops is not because of his legs tripping him up, it's because it is not physically possible to run that fast for long periods of time.
The one and only reason you can't compare human running and supernatural flying is because when running one has to make a physical effort. When flying, I suppose you are driven by some supernatural energy sourse (e.g. by eating hamburgers :p ) so your body doesn't have to make physical effort (except for converting supernatural energy to kinetic energy or the like). This is because you don't fly with wings or other physical drive, you are only limited by the power of your supernatural energy source!

Top Bottom