• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Developer Response Imps shall not engage in Sisyphean toil (they are trying to take over the earth, protected by Outpos

Ontos

Priestess
Apr 4, 2015
Russia
Imps shall not engage in Sisyphean toil (they are trying to take over the earth, protected by outpost).
Screenshot_1.png

In the screenshot a lot of imps are trying to take over the land around the Imperial outpost. It's impossible. But they spend their time on it. I propose to ban them is obviously useless.

Oct 25, 2015
I can't offer any solution and can only acknowledge how annoying the situation is.

Do want to say though how much I love the phrase "Sisyphean toil", is going to be my mission to get that into a conversation this month!

Ontos

Priestess
Apr 4, 2015
Russia
I can't offer any solution and can only acknowledge how annoying the situation is.

Do want to say though how much I love the phrase "Sisyphean toil", is going to be my mission to get that into a conversation this month!
If you are not a developer, then I did not expect a decision from you. And the solution is obvious - the tiles around the outpost should not be captured by imps and ghostly workers.

P.S. If you like aphorisms and proverbs, then look here. There are many of them, and even illustrated.
NP-6.jpg

Noontide

Award Winning Community Manager
Dev Team
Dec 8, 2012
Preston, UK
Although we recognise that this is not exactly a desirable circumstance it's sadly not one that's easy to solve within the limitations of the worker AI.

We had a discussion on potential solutions from preventing them from claiming the radius around the Outpost and a number of quick ways to hack this in, however, we ran into roadblocks with each case. We also considered options such as making workers fight the Outpost but the worker AI would require some overhauls to handle that case.

Sadly what this all means is that any solution is going to take time that the code team doesn't currently have. Both of the coders are completely flat out on Patch 2.0 features and we're running a very tight production schedule. For this reason, it is unlikely this will be addressed.

At the very best what I would suggest is to report this as a bug via Userecho. It is not an intended feature rather an unintended consequence of the design. It is unlikely that this issue would be fixed before 2.0 but we'll leave it in our backlog and if we can find the time we'll try and get something in.

I realise this all isn't ideal but in the grand scheme of things this isn't a major issue and can be easily solved by the player dropping any unit nearby. I just wanted to make it clear that although your complaint is valid we're now at a stage where such issues are unlikely to be addressed for the long term.

Top Bottom