• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

IN BATTLE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
So you never went to school?
Most sixth graders I know can do grammar. At the very least they know what to capitalize.
Of course, spellcheck is one hell of a drug.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Guys, please be civil. So what, he can't spell, that doesn't mean you need to flame him.

Hapuga, your English skills aren't perfect either, and neither are those of quite a few people on the team. You have no right to go around putting people down like this, especially publicly on our own forum. There are no rules posted yet, so I'm letting this slide for now, but I would appreciate it if people would just have some common decency for now whilst we get things going. That includes pulling the "I'm a developer" card after obviously being in the wrong.

Bukke, yes, it's obvious your post is a little messy. I don't really have an issue with that, but all I will say is that people are far less likely to read and discuss your idea if it's not presented nicely.

Nov 15, 2011
allright Simburgur! and thanks for not being a dick about all this ;)

i will get a friend to help me next time i present an idea! cheers!

Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
allright Simburgur! and thanks for not being a dick about all this ;)

i will get a friend to help me next time i present an idea! cheers!
Did you know that english was originally a minor german dialect?

Simburgur cracks out the whip! FTW!

Bukke Bruse ignore Hapuga he puts waaaaaay to much stock in grammar & spelling, you see the internet is open to all people of all nations & ages and levels of education so there will always be grammatical errors and wot not, personally I don't care there are more important things in life to worry about then to pull someone up on spelling errors only cretins who live in their microcosms care about such nonsense.

FYI ; I to had a great deal of trouble learning in school myself got kicked out of everyone I went to in two separate countries then finally expelled in year 10 here in Australia psychologists & doctors didn't know what was wrong with me they said I had everything from ADHD, ADD, schizophrenic, ODD, ect. I think that's Bullshit I'm just slightly crazy, funny thing is in school my teachers told me I was retarded and stupid what's ironic is at age 16 my mom had IQ test's done and turns out my IQ is 156 the average IQ is around 100 which is meaningless because even today at age 26 I can't function in a classroom environment so I'm never gonna amount to anything. All I care about is my sport and video games they are good time killers until I die which is inevitable ( probably gonna get run over by a car hehe ). I guess what I'm getting at here is do what you love enjoy what you do and fuck what anyone else says because we only exist for a blink of an eye then were gone as though we never even existed at all.

Everything I know now I learned after I left school I learned nothing in school kinda funny huh?
intelligence is defined by your ability to understand and comprehend
wisdom is defined by your ability to store knowledge and and how much knowledge you have accumulated
Your not stupid if you don't know something you simply haven't learned it yet your stupid if you keep failing to understand something

The meaning of life is to distract yourself from the fact that life is meaningless.;)

Final words of wisdom: HERP DE DERP DE DERP DE DERP A HERPA DERP! rob schneider is a carrot! DERPA DERPA DERP

Hapuga

Priestess
Nov 14, 2011
Redmond, USA
Guys, please be civil. So what, he can't spell, that doesn't mean you need to flame him.
I can understand when people make mistakes; we all make them. I can't, however, understand why people come to the forum, throw out a bunch of mess mixed with cursing, and then complain when getting flamed. Is this what you call tolerance?

Well, let's be tolerant to each other then, let the people who can't write learn to respect others, and put their thoughts in the concisest, most accurate manner possible.

Why should I tolerate somebody who swears and writes crap?

I have accomplished my goal anyway, the last posts of these two guys make much more sense than their first posts :) Some people learn it the hard way.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
I can understand when people make mistakes; we all make them. I can't, however, understand why people come to the forum, throw out a bunch of mess mixed with cursing, and then complain when getting flamed. Is this what you call tolerance?

Well, let's be tolerant to each other then, let the people who can't write learn to respect others, and put their thoughts in the concisest, most accurate manner possible.

Why should I tolerate somebody who swears and writes crap?

I have accomplished my goal anyway, the last posts of these two guys make much more sense than their first posts :) Some people learn it the hard way.
Your first post in this thread:
why yuo no euse spel ceck??? Why???

Seriously, if you guys think that we will read these messy posts trying to get what your message was - we won't bother. Posts like that make my eyes bleed.
Way too aggressive. Until you posted that, nobody was being rude to each other. Yeah, his post contained curse words, so what? They weren't directed at anybody. We don't have any rules up that say that is against the rules at the moment, nor do we have a profanity filter.

Not only that, but I don't appreciate the sarcy tone of your latest reply.

As the title underneath your name states, you are on the WFTO team. You are publicly representing us whenever you make a post here. Any negative attitude from you comes off as negative attitude from the entire team, which means you can't go around posting like this.

I'm posting this here for transparency, but if you wish to continue this discussion, please PM me instead of further derailing this thread. Thanks.

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
Bukke, joking aside, you now see what happens when a post is messy.
I can understand that you have a learning disability, and I'm sure many others will as well, but in the future, just be more careful when you post things. It doesn't take much time to proofread your post for mistakes, but it will enhance the quality of the suggestion, and people will notice a difference. Also, refraining from using 'curse' words will also let others take you more seriously.

I think that's all there is to say, but just keep trying, ideas will come to you.

Nov 15, 2011
hey Jared!

i was not aware of that,
even tho i am living in a small ass country like Denmark! :p

your youth indeed reminds me of my very own, your words are true wisdom, and that is a fact! i would know...

i too went trough all the possible bullshit you can even imagine and yet i came out pretty strong on the other side. i got kicked out of all
schools i attended to, we are talking like 7 or 8 schools here!

ever since a little kid i was labeld a trouble maker because my ass was on fire! i did not have the ability to sit around
on a chair listening to teachers lies about history and what not, i was young and bored and got into all kinds of shit!
my eyes allways starred out the windows and i dreamt
of another time and place... I FELT TRAPPED IN THE WORLD OF SCHOOL!!!!

i learned NOTHING in school and was never able to concentrate in a classroom so i would amount to nothing as well...
at least thats what i was allways told by all the educated fools...

to make a long story short, i worked a bunch of different jobs, painting designer kitchens, welding iron and that sort of shit,
but the greatest job i ever had! was working at the slaughter house, with a bunch
of polish people. now that was great fun i tells ya, they were really good and kind hearted big brute people and the money!!! heh, the money was damn good too!

these days i enjoy videogames, shredding the guitar, playing the bass or and the drums,

weightlifting and running in the forest, fishing, painting, campfires and lots of booze!!!

i am somewhat of an outdoor man and a crazy artist, the forest is my paradise on earth and i go there when i need peace in my mind... " it sooths me!!! "

well... thats all about me!

thanks a bunch for sharing your story too Jared! that was might fine of ya!!! cheers!!!

p.s I FUCKING LOVE DUNGEON KEEPER!!!

and for you Pumpkingking. thanks a bunch too :=)

Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Then it's high time to dive into an exciting world of grammar. If you don't feel like that, refrain from posting here.
Dude when you type things like that^ you can come across as being a bit of an elitist A hole just saying ....heh maybe it's just your passion for WFTO boiling over into your passion for grammar..... See I didn't swear there I wouldn't want to offend your puritan sensibilities because I'm sure you have never sworn once in your life being the saintly wise one you are;):D. Now get your ass back to work and make me my goddamn game!:cool:

End of Flame War! Let this terrible battle and the casualties sustained during the bloody fighting never be forgotten, for their names shall now be inscribed into the hallowed halls of glory to stand for all eternity, they fought so we didn't have to.......lest we forget.

Just call me the peace maker.:rolleyes:

Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
hey Jared!

i was not aware of that,
even tho i am living in a small ass country like Denmark! :p

your youth indeed reminds me of my very own, your words are true wisdom, and that is a fact! i would know...

i too went trough all the possible bullshit you can even imagine and yet i came out pretty strong on the other side. i got kicked out of all
schools i attended to, we are talking like 7 or 8 schools here!

ever since a little kid i was labeld a trouble maker because my ass was on fire! i did not have the ability to sit around
on a chair listening to teachers lies about history and what not, i was young and bored and got into all kinds of shit!
my eyes allways starred out the windows and i dreamt
of another time and place... I FELT TRAPPED IN THE WORLD OF SCHOOL!!!!

i learned NOTHING in school and was never able to concentrate in a classroom so i would amount to nothing as well...
at least thats what i was allways told by all the educated fools...

to make a long story short, i worked a bunch of different jobs, painting designer kitchens, welding iron and that sort of shit,
but the greatest job i ever had! was working at the slaughter house, with a bunch
of polish people. now that was great fun i tells ya, they were really good and kind hearted big brute people and the money!!! heh, the money was damn good too!

these days i enjoy videogames, shredding the guitar, playing the bass or and the drums,

weightlifting and running in the forest, fishing, painting, campfires and lots of booze!!!

i am somewhat of an outdoor man and a crazy artist, the forest is my paradise on earth and i go there when i need peace in my mind... " it sooths me!!! "

well... thats all about me!

thanks a bunch for sharing your story too Jared! that was might fine of ya!!! cheers!!!

p.s I FUCKING LOVE DUNGEON KEEPER!!!

and for you Pumpkingking. thanks a bunch too :=)
NP mate no one can help the way they formed in their mothers womb and as a result sometimes people pass judgement to easily upon others in my books as long as your a decent person nothing else matters, and we are not tragic case's by any means most people have problems whether they be physical / psychological or even relationship wise with friends or loved ones. If there's one thing I have learned this far into my life it's that there is no such thing as normal only varying degrees of crazy.;)

I remind you of your youth? Dude I'm a year older then you:D ....wait maybe I interpreted that wrong :confused:

A great comedian once said: When you meet a person your not meeting them your meeting their representative no one wants to know just how strange and fucked up you are you wait till you get married/into a relationship for that then you can share your craziness together, hell everyone I know is a little crazy or weird including my whole damn family.............hmmmm must be the dutch blood.:confused:

Nov 15, 2011
this thread have been off topic for a loooong time! ;)

i came up with an idea that was not fit for the game, i can deal with that.

the end.

Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Not to be a C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER or anti-sentimental but, I can't help but help feeling this thread is getting a little off topic.
How does that keep happening it's the darnedest thing right?:(:oops:

Dude this is how game forums go the first page or so is on topic then it just degenerates into nonsensical gibberish and childish name calling eventually sex talk then the thread gets closed new thread opens rinse and repeat;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom