• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Initial Thoughts

Ceacelion

Dwarven Worker
May 21, 2013
Parts Unknown
Likely covered in other threads, but this is my first impression of the game and what I think it could use to make it better:

- A proper rotating camera with panning on the axises.
- A quick click option to allow us to view our walls down in a cutaway fashion (Akin to the Sims or Dungeon Keeper)
- An easier way to view the layout when placing down tiles for a new room (perhaps a dragging box much like mining?)

I won't go into the other details like lighting as they've already been mentioned.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
- A proper rotating camera with panning on the axises.
- A quick click option to allow us to view our walls down in a cutaway fashion (Akin to the Sims or Dungeon Keeper)
- An easier way to view the layout when placing down tiles for a new room (perhaps a dragging box much like mining?)
Early stages at the moment, improved camera controls will come and a highlight for placing down tiles will come as well, you can sort of see this working when selling tiles actually.

The cutaway walls are the difficult part, due to the way that the walls are handled in this game it's not as simple as it was in the Sims or DK1, and it'd require a significant investment of time to get something equivalent working.

Macrixen

Dwarven Worker
May 21, 2013
well instead of cutaway could just add opacity to the wall segment or actor highlighting if there is select-ability to the units but yeah that would be mute with a birds eye view

May 24, 2013
Thanks Aelius Ive been looking for buttons for camera rotation and zoom for a while, its in the youtube videos, so clearly possible lol, but no one ever explains it, and i couldnt find anyplace in the forum as a guide to hotkeys or actual gameplay...

Top Bottom