• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Introduction thread

mageoflight

Dwarven Worker
Backer
Feb 14, 2013
Hello, I go by Cosine Stdioh on the internet, and while its a pseudonym, its not a role-play character (fan-trolls are person non-grata pretty much everywhere). I primarily study science and engineering, subsist on a minimal job, and read fanfic all day. One of those fanfics: Dungeon Keeper Ami, lead me here.

Mozared

Juggernaut
Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Hello folks,

Just wanted to take a moment to note that I've discovered this project and am interested in it. I'm Mozared and like many before me in this thread have been a Dungeon Keeper fan since release. I found you guys through a seperate forum Simburgur posted in when googling for "games like dungeon keeper". Not sure how much I'll hang around here, but keep up the good work - this game seems worth keeping track of, and might be something I end up buying.

Deagle

Disciple
Backer
Hey, my name is Marco and I'm from the east of Germany. Despite my young age (17) I still got to play Dungeon Keeper 2 as one of my first games and am still impressed by it. I'm looking forward to the release of the game and hope that it's gonna be a big success. I've been playing strategy games even before I turned 9 or so and currently I'm visiting a biotechnological grammar school :)

Wice

Templar
Backer
May 2, 2012
The Netherlands
Well, seeing as I backed the project, it's about time I introduce myself properly. I am Wice, from the Netherlands and I have been following this project in silence for no idea how long. If first came across it long ago, while doing a periodic search for anything related to a Dungeon Keeper sequal or remake and have been checking the progress ever since.

Vaptor

Blood Imp
Backer
Feb 22, 2013
Hey guys :) I'm Morten Bormeth. I live in Denmark, so i am a true viking! :) I'm normally a Java/C#/.Net programmer. But i'm starting to get the hang of Unreal Scripting.
I'm working a developer on the wfto as well, where i do some of the engine development, mainly the lightning.
HAHA here i though i was the only one who knew unreal script keep at it bro make sure to avoid the error assesed none/null with condition checks thats one thing that gets ignored too often

i know java script/ and some c++ haven't been doing any programming for a long time i used to just teach my friends how to write unreal script for unreal tournament 2004 while helping them create their server addons.

RedSquirrel

Blood Imp
Backer
Dec 23, 2012
Hi! I am RedSquirrel! (James). I come from South East England and the glorious garden of England. I've been gaming since I was 10 on my Dad's Atari system. What's brought me here was my original love for DK and its sequel's. When I heard someone was working on a true successor too Bullfrog's classic, I had to see for myself. I am proud to say I put my backing in on kick starter and I am looking forward too seeing a long and glistening career for War for the Overworld and Subterranean Games.

It's great to be here and I look forward to the coming months!

RedSquirrel

Jan 1, 2013
My name is Andreas Petersson, I'm from Sweden. I'm one of those really old players who remeber the good old days when pc games used to be good, where just pure fucking luck I stumbled across you guys really.

MarkN

Priestess
Dec 4, 2011
Huonville, Tasmania
Hi I'm Mark,
I've been lurking here since 2011 and have seen these guys go through a few tough times with team directions etc.
I cant remember when I first found this project but it was before Subterranean Games existed and the devs were camped out over at keeper klan.
From memory I was doing my annual search for dungeon keeper type games (its the only game my wife will play) and stumbled across this project and thought we might be on a winner.
These guys have had the passion and drive to breath some much needed stale & rancid death upon a classic that had fallen by the wayside.
Two of Horny finest to the Devs for bringing us WftO.
From the early days is was obvious that the Devs were on the right path with regards to the Dark Humor, even a dim witted goodly Hero would know by now that there is a new Keeper in town.

Mar 7, 2013
Newtownabbey
Thought I was registered here, so I found out I wasn't and registered. A backer from Northern Ireland. Name is Stephen known as Challenger2uk in, well everywhere online. Looking forward to the game and can't wait for beta.

Aegosthena

Gnarling
Backer
Mar 10, 2013
My name is Brendan, I live in Canada and I am in college for Video Game Development and fancy myself an environmental artist. Found out about WFTO and right away was excited hoping to have a DK game.

squee

Priestess
Founder
Feb 20, 2013
my name is patrick i have an associats degree in graphic design although im not working in the field yet and i found it because whenever i get nostalgic for the bad old days of playing DK1 and 2 i google DK3 so i can watch the intro that bullfrog had online and found some very recent youtube uploads and it went from there

Mar 21, 2013
Hey Guys, my names Luke, I found WFTO through my love of dungeon keeper. It was my childhood game and my older brothers childhood game. We were gutted when Bullfrog decided not to make a DK3 and I am fully behind Subterranean games for re producing a classic. Thanks guys!

Mar 21, 2013
The Netherlands
Hey there I'm Rik, 29 years old and from The Netherlands.
Have been a big fan of the Dungeon Keeper games and through facebook I found out that this game was being made. Have been keeping an eye on updates and decided it was time to check out the forums so could keep up better with all that is happening and also get to know the community a bit better. So here I am. :)
Very excited about everything I've seen thus far and look forward to more updates. Very excited and can't wait to start playing. :D

Mar 21, 2013
Greetings from sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My name is Rozlina. I got to know about wftogame.com from a Dungeon Keeper youtube video
Is it true that War for the Overworld is a remake of Dungeon Keeper?

Mar 25, 2013
Hello All,

My name is Dean from Kent, in England, I have been a massive Dungeon Keeper fan for a while and was gutted that DK3 was cancelled for inferior products. I was recently playing some Starcraft 2 mods one of which was "Hive Keeper" a mod which was based off of DK2. I was impressed and was speaking to a friend who I didn't know was a massive DK fan and he then told me about this little gem.

Shut up and take my donation :)

Already spread the word among a load of people who did not know about this. Hopefully netted you guys some extra funding. Can't wait to see this develop your "pre alpha" is already enough to get me truly happy that this is happening.

Thanks

VetnDerm

Blood Imp
Backer
Feb 15, 2013
Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Miquel and I'm from Belgium (YES, we are in fact a country!). Like most people here I'm a huge DK fan ever since I picked this game up from a budget box when I was a kid. I still play it today on my old PC. :)

I don't exactly remember how I stumbled onto this project. I guess it was by searching for more info on DK sequels, reboots, etc...

Anyway, I backed this project as soon as I saw what it was all about. Very excited for this one!

Bobby Rebholz

Concept Artist
Apr 2, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Ah I can't believed I overlooked this. Well, my name is Bobby and I am the lead 2D concept artist for Subterranean Games. I'm designing most of the characters with heavy influence in the creature department. (The meaner the better!)

Dungeon Keeper has a huge following so when Rise teamed up with Subterranean, we knew we had something special happening.

I want to thank you all for supporting us. We're all working hard to bring you a stellar game. I'll continue to sketch scary things for your enjoyment. Lataz!

Top Bottom