• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Introduction thread

Maybe i should introduce myself. Better late than never.. :p

I'm from Norway, gaming nerd and have been playing games since i was 10 or so. I love all kinds of games, computer, console, boardgames, roleplay (i.e D&D), even sports ( :eek: ). I love retro- and indiegames, and i hate most of the new "AAA" games that are released. I also love to complain about the crappy graphics of those games (it is great graphics, i just hate it. xP).

Tried Dk 1 when i was around 11 or so at a friends place, and since then i just loved it, but i didn't get to own it on my own computer until a few years later. Since then i've played both Dk 1 and Dk 2 way to much.. o_O Today the DK franchise is my #1 game franchise of all time. So..i wanted a revivial of DK, and i had my regular, "check for news about a new dungeon keeper", and one day...i found out about WFTO, i was thrilled! But i didn't think it was gonna be something of it, aswell as i wanted to let the time pass and see what came about of this. And then the magical day came, WFTO went on kickstarted, i was thrilled, again! :D And since then i've been stuck to this game. :)
Welcome!!!!!! (hugs) (love) (yay)

Jun 6, 2014
As said, I guess I was lucky :) Got most out of Mythos and Hellgate: London - Flagship was good in communicating with it's testers. It's a shame what happened to them :(
Indeed. I communicated quite frequently with their Community manager and a few of the devs; even had them on my friends list in game. It was a shame to see them go, and having been a part of the Mythos beta from almost the beginning, I was really tore up to see that go. It was shaping up so well.

Anyways, I realize I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm sure the regulars recognize me by now though I probably haven't earned the ire of the devs quite yet. if you recognize my name and avatar from other forums, sup.

Anyways I am a long time fan or RTS games and loved the Dungeon Keeper series, and actually found my way here after a Total Biscuit video about why EAs new DK game sucks and this was mentioned. I wish I'd known about the kickstarter.

I have beta tested a bunch of games (I swear I am more often than not involved in at least one beta), though I seem to be less adept at finding bugs than I am at finding gameplay oddities (your pathing system isn't working quite, why does the AI do THAT? etc.). So far WftO seems to be shaping up quite well, and I am excited to see its final release and will continue to poke it till that happens.

Tl;dr: sup.

Feb 17, 2014
Hi, I have been a fan of DK2 loved it back then and enjoy WTFO now. Looking forward to the finished product. I am much older than all of you, so we will keep that one secret. I go by CowGURL from Edmonton Canada. Looking forward to meeting you all on the battle field.

Hi, I have been a fan of DK2 loved it back then and enjoy WTFO now. Looking forward to the finished product. I am much older than all of you, so we will keep that one secret. I go by CowGURL from Edmonton Canada. Looking forward to meeting you all on the battle field.
Welcome CowGURL &/or Chantal LeBlanc don't be afraid of your age, I've forced many a 50 year old to play our game (at knifepoint, but that's neither here nor there nor admissible in court based on various documents signed under duress wait no I mean free will).

Cheers!

Bhoren

Blood Imp
Aug 26, 2014
Hi ! I'm a french people who tried DK1 not so long ago and loved this game. I searched other games like Dungeon Keeper and finally found War for the Overworld. As a fan of RTS games and DK, this one looked amazing.

About myself, I'm usually not super active on forum, but I'll try to make some suggestion for the game. I also draw sometime, and I will probably post some fanart here too.

Azarath

Dwarven Worker
Sep 29, 2014
Hello all. Huge fan of the DK series, and many of the games based on it. I've been a bookie, bartender, dj, web developer, and app developer. But I am not a spy.

Sep 29, 2014
Gloucestershire, UK
I'm not usually a forum lurker but I can definitely say WFTO has turned me into one, so I thought instead of remaining unknown, I'd make an account and introduce myself to everyone here!
My name is Rebecca and I'm a major fan of the DK series. I'm currently studying Creative Game Development at college. I love RTS games and find that I'm incredibly competitive, on that note while I was at EGX I challenged noontide to a 1v1 on DK or WFTO in the future, since he claimed to be amazing at the game I want the proof of this!
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see the progress of WFTO and looking forward to meeting tons more people who are fans of the previous series and of course WFTO itself.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
I'm not usually a forum lurker but I can definitely say WFTO has turned me into one, so I thought instead of remaining unknown, I'd make an account and introduce myself to everyone here!
My name is Rebecca and I'm a major fan of the DK series. I'm currently studying Creative Game Development at college. I love RTS games and find that I'm incredibly competitive, on that note while I was at EGX I challenged noontide to a 1v1 on DK or WFTO in the future, since he claimed to be amazing at the game I want the proof of this!
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see the progress of WFTO and looking forward to meeting tons more people who are fans of the previous series and of course WFTO itself.
Welcome :D You'll fit right in here :)

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Actually thinking about it, I never actually posted an introduction for myself in this thread...

Hi Everyone,

I'm Andrew but pretty much everyone calls me Nutter. By this point most people already know who I am.. but if not, im a computer game design graduate/flash game developer who pretty much got into game design because of Dungeon Keeper (and Populous, and Theme park, and yeah.. pretty much everything Bullfrog ever did). I do a bit of arty stuff on the side too, including artwork for the WFTO community's suggestions and of course im lucky enough to be on the QA team too.

Bit late really, but there you go haha.

Sep 29, 2014
Gloucestershire, UK
Actually thinking about it, I never actually posted an introduction for myself in this thread...

Hi Everyone,

I'm Andrew but pretty much everyone calls me Nutter. By this point most people already know who I am.. but if not, im a computer game design graduate/flash game developer who pretty much go into game design because of Dungeon Keeper (and Populous, and Theme park, and yeah.. pretty much everything Bullfrog ever did). I do a bit of arty stuff on the side too, including artwork for the WFTO community's suggestions and of course im lucky enough to be on the QA team too.

Bit late really, but there you go haha.
Nice to meet you Nutter. :D

Azarath

Dwarven Worker
Sep 29, 2014
This is where a TF2 Spy Meme is appropriate
I just couldn't find a good one
As long as you believe I am resistance, that is ok. And thanks for the welcome, just trying to remember now, which staff members I met at EGX, and who they are on here...

mastersam911

Firebreather
Aug 18, 2013
As long as you believe I am resistance, that is ok. And thanks for the welcome, just trying to remember now, which staff members I met at EGX, and who they are on here...
that is difficult as many of them don't post. Simburger, void, noontide, some others do though

Last edited:
Top Bottom