1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mothrayas, Nov 15, 2011.

1. James

James Loremaster of Evil

Welcome!!!!!! (hugs) (love) (yay)

Reyh!, Amon and Antking like this.
  2. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

:grumpy:
    Where was mine, all those months ago?

Cultist Joris, v0id and Reyh! like this.
  3. James

James Loremaster of Evil

I mailed it, did you check your mail?

Amon likes this.
  4. Amon

Amon Ember Demon

Maybe... *runs out and checks*

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey Ghoul

Indeed. I communicated quite frequently with their Community manager and a few of the devs; even had them on my friends list in game. It was a shame to see them go, and having been a part of the Mythos beta from almost the beginning, I was really tore up to see that go. It was shaping up so well.

Anyways, I realize I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm sure the regulars recognize me by now though I probably haven't earned the ire of the devs quite yet. if you recognize my name and avatar from other forums, sup.

Anyways I am a long time fan or RTS games and loved the Dungeon Keeper series, and actually found my way here after a Total Biscuit video about why EAs new DK game sucks and this was mentioned. I wish I'd known about the kickstarter.

I have beta tested a bunch of games (I swear I am more often than not involved in at least one beta), though I seem to be less adept at finding bugs than I am at finding gameplay oddities (your pathing system isn't working quite, why does the AI do THAT? etc.). So far WftO seems to be shaping up quite well, and I am excited to see its final release and will continue to poke it till that happens.

Tl;dr: sup.

v0id likes this.
  6. Chantal LeBlanc

Chantal LeBlanc Bloodling

Hi, I have been a fan of DK2 loved it back then and enjoy WTFO now. Looking forward to the finished product. I am much older than all of you, so we will keep that one secret. I go by CowGURL from Edmonton Canada. Looking forward to meeting you all on the battle field.

v0id likes this.
  7. James

James Loremaster of Evil

Welcome CowGURL &/or Chantal LeBlanc don't be afraid of your age, I've forced many a 50 year old to play our game (at knifepoint, but that's neither here nor there nor admissible in court based on various documents signed under duress wait no I mean free will).

Cheers!

Castigator likes this.
  8. Chantal LeBlanc

Chantal LeBlanc Bloodling

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

9. Bhoren

Bhoren Blood Imp

Hi ! I'm a french people who tried DK1 not so long ago and loved this game. I searched other games like Dungeon Keeper and finally found War for the Overworld. As a fan of RTS games and DK, this one looked amazing.

About myself, I'm usually not super active on forum, but I'll try to make some suggestion for the game. I also draw sometime, and I will probably post some fanart here too.

v0id, Amon, Antking and 1 other person like this.
  10. Azarath

Azarath Dwarven Worker

Hello all. Huge fan of the DK series, and many of the games based on it. I've been a bookie, bartender, dj, web developer, and app developer. But I am not a spy.

11. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

Things only a spy would say... along with "Hi, i'm the new community manager."

Amon, Azarath and Peetfighter like this.
  12. Alistair

Alistair Captain Graze Box Founder

Hello Azarath! Welcome to the forums!

Azarath likes this.
  13. Sand

Sand Intern

I'm not usually a forum lurker but I can definitely say WFTO has turned me into one, so I thought instead of remaining unknown, I'd make an account and introduce myself to everyone here!
    My name is Rebecca and I'm a major fan of the DK series. I'm currently studying Creative Game Development at college. I love RTS games and find that I'm incredibly competitive, on that note while I was at EGX I challenged noontide to a 1v1 on DK or WFTO in the future, since he claimed to be amazing at the game I want the proof of this!
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see the progress of WFTO and looking forward to meeting tons more people who are fans of the previous series and of course WFTO itself.

Amon, Noontide, v0id and 1 other person like this.
  14. Nutter

Welcome :D You'll fit right in here :)

Sand likes this.
  15. Sand

Sand Intern

Thank you! I hope I do! :D

16. Nutter

Actually thinking about it, I never actually posted an introduction for myself in this thread...

Hi Everyone,

I'm Andrew but pretty much everyone calls me Nutter. By this point most people already know who I am.. but if not, im a computer game design graduate/flash game developer who pretty much got into game design because of Dungeon Keeper (and Populous, and Theme park, and yeah.. pretty much everything Bullfrog ever did). I do a bit of arty stuff on the side too, including artwork for the WFTO community's suggestions and of course im lucky enough to be on the QA team too.

Bit late really, but there you go haha.

Amon, James and Sand like this.
  17. Sand

Sand Intern

Nice to meet you Nutter. :D

Nutter likes this.
  18. mastersam911

mastersam911 Bafu

This is where a TF2 Spy Meme is appropriate
    I just couldn't find a good one

Azarath likes this.
  19. Azarath

Azarath Dwarven Worker

As long as you believe I am resistance, that is ok. And thanks for the welcome, just trying to remember now, which staff members I met at EGX, and who they are on here...

20. mastersam911

mastersam911 Bafu

that is difficult as many of them don't post. Simburger, void, noontide, some others do though

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014