• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Introduction thread

Noontide

Award Winning Community Manager
Dev Team
Dec 8, 2012
Preston, UK
I'm not usually a forum lurker but I can definitely say WFTO has turned me into one, so I thought instead of remaining unknown, I'd make an account and introduce myself to everyone here!
My name is Rebecca and I'm a major fan of the DK series. I'm currently studying Creative Game Development at college. I love RTS games and find that I'm incredibly competitive, on that note while I was at EGX I challenged noontide to a 1v1 on DK or WFTO in the future, since he claimed to be amazing at the game I want the proof of this!
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see the progress of WFTO and looking forward to meeting tons more people who are fans of the previous series and of course WFTO itself.
Hi Rebecca and welcome to our forums! It's always great to see more women looking to get into the industry!

I certainly do remember you. With the awesome enthusiasm you showed for the game, and DMGs in general, I have no doubt that you'll fit right in here! We've attracted all sorts over the years, but the one thing that us all is the undying love for this genre and the desire to ensure WFTO lives up to everyone's lofty standards!

It would be my pleasure to take you on at any game, though you'll have to be prepared to show me your best! I'm pretty amazing at most things, including bragging despite actually having no reason to; as everyone will know from the live-stream last Monday. ;) Just chuck me a PM or anything if you want a game and we'll work something out.

I look forward to seeing more posts from you and from all the others who have joined since meeting us at EGX! It was a great week that we're still recovering from but it'll be business as usual soon.

As long as you believe I am resistance, that is ok. And thanks for the welcome, just trying to remember now, which staff members I met at EGX, and who they are on here...
Welcome to the forums Azarath!

Haha I thought that might have been what you were alluding to in the introduction. The staff members that popped down to the board game area a few times to play Resistance, Coup and others were Myself, @Simburgur and @Lord of Riva. You may have also seen @Robofish who while not a staff member was still with us and is a pretty cool guy.

that is difficult as many of them don't post. Simburger, void, noontide, some others do though
The group at EGX consisted of: Myself, @Simburgur, @v0id, @Nanorock, @strich, @Hugo, @Patackular & @Lord of Riva. :)

Azarath

Dwarven Worker
Sep 29, 2014

Haha I thought that might have been what you were alluding to in the introduction. The staff members that popped down to the board game area a few times to play Resistance, Coup and others were Myself, @Simburgur and @Lord of Riva. You may have also seen @Robofish who while not a staff member was still with us and is a pretty cool guy.
Still can't put faces to names though... the only one I know is Simburgur, purely due to his attempts to bribe a League cupcake away from me.

Oct 5, 2014
I just made an account so i should probably introduce myself.

Hey I'm Chloe, best friend of Zheniro and dungeon explorer newbie (my childhood suffered a DK shaped wound). I've just started a game design design course so meeting noontide at EGX was really cool (even if I did stand there and just listen like a dehydrated potato). My favourite games are open world so I'm becoming a bit of an Elder scrolls fan girl. I'm also a bit of a secret wuss so if I claim I'm playing amnesia I'm usually just on the menu screen.

Sand

Intern
Sep 29, 2014
Gloucestershire, UK
Hah I think saw you both playing as well, I was one of those dev chunders ^^
I was attempting to teach her the game and show her all the awesome stuff, but she got caught up with the fact you could slap imps to death. I think as far as game mechanics go, that was her favourite.
We were on the end of the row. :p

Jan 4, 2013
Lancashire, UK
Hi Rebecca and welcome to our forums! It's always great to see more women looking to get into the industry!

I certainly do remember you. With the awesome enthusiasm you showed for the game, and DMGs in general, I have no doubt that you'll fit right in here! We've attracted all sorts over the years, but the one thing that us all is the undying love for this genre and the desire to ensure WFTO lives up to everyone's lofty standards!

It would be my pleasure to take you on at any game, though you'll have to be prepared to show me your best! I'm pretty amazing at most things, including bragging despite actually having no reason to; as everyone will know from the live-stream last Monday. ;) Just chuck me a PM or anything if you want a game and we'll work something out.

I look forward to seeing more posts from you and from all the others who have joined since meeting us at EGX! It was a great week that we're still recovering from but it'll be business as usual soon.

The group at EGX consisted of: Myself, @Simburgur, @v0id, @Nanorock, @strich, @Hugo, @Patackular & @Lord of Riva. :)

This post amuses me more than anyone here can possibly know.

Noontide

Award Winning Community Manager
Dev Team
Dec 8, 2012
Preston, UK
I just made an account so i should probably introduce myself.

Hey I'm Chloe, best friend of Zheniro and dungeon explorer newbie (my childhood suffered a DK shaped wound). I've just started a game design design course so meeting noontide at EGX was really cool (even if I did stand there and just listen like a dehydrated potato). My favourite games are open world so I'm becoming a bit of an Elder scrolls fan girl. I'm also a bit of a secret wuss so if I claim I'm playing amnesia I'm usually just on the menu screen.
Hi Chloe! Welcome to the forums! It's good to see the word of evil is spreading among the unbelievers!

It was great that you dropped by our booth at EGX, as I mentioned in my previous post it's great to see more women entering the world of game design and it was a pleasure to speak to you both. Don't worry you weren't too much of a potato, no more than I was an overbearing bag of waffle ;)

I truly empathise with your experience of Amnesia, having streamed it a little quite a few people here will be able to tell you how much of a wuss I am!

hit each other with puppies!
But won't anyone think of the poor puppies?!

Top Bottom