1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it only me? doens't matter how big of a slaughter house i build - it is NEVER enough

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dunger Keeper, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Dunger Keeper

Dunger Keeper Dwarven Worker

Is it only me? doens't matter how big of a slaughter house i build - it is NEVER enough

And i tried to build 3-4 more pighouses, but still, same issue - there is not enough food. the same issue is with the minions layers(caves?) locations...

BTW, is it only me, but the campaign with the infinite gold are extremely easy?
    BTW 2, you can bridges every where? even in the "fog of war" locations? isn't that an OP?

2. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

Build Tavern. This way you can keep your minions fed. Beasts will still eat piglets from Slaughter Pen, but others will eat food from Tavern.

3. Dunger Keeper

But the big guy in the sky says "There is not enough minpiglets" and there is more than enough. the Tavern is for minions and Slaughter pen for Beasts?

BTW, why there is no some sort of method to check if there is enough space/piglets/library's like in DK and DK2?

4. Cultist Joris

Cultist Joris Ember Demon Founder

If you mean that the anouncer complains about the Tavern that is a known issue. Currently imps should carry the micropiglets that spawn in the slaughterpen but they don't do it fast enough because they prioritise other tasks. You can always drop pigs in the spitroast of the tavern yourself or spawn more imps to fasten the process.

5. Cultist Joris

This is an improvement that will likely be added to the game at a later date (currently we're too busy fixing bugs) along with room ownership indicators etc.

You should only be able to build a bridge when it connects to your territory somehow.

6. Dunger Keeper

Can i build a couple of taverns? or i have to build a single big one? (same about the slaughter house)?

7. Cultist Joris

You can build as many rooms of one type as you want. Be aware though that the tavern is only functional when it's at least 5x3 and that rooms are only more efficient the more props it contains.

8. Dunger Keeper

I do, but, if i have enough money, I'm just bridging ALL the map - it is enough for 1 tile on my end to bridge every piece of the map in seconds(even in the "fog of war" area)

9. BlackBeard

BlackBeard Bafu

10. Cultist Joris

11. Scuttstorm

Scuttstorm Warden

Taverns.

12. Alfador

Alfador Disciple

I definitely recommend building a 5x5 Tavern, with 4 props maximum (1 Oven and 3 tables) and build extra taverns with the same specs. From my experience anything larger than 4 props or so, will make another Oven, and it looks like a nice idea, you get twice the refill space and speed, but unfortunately the Ovens often shoot at the same spot, wasting a precious piglet. It's better to have several unconnected Taverns side by side, and as already said, fill them yourself by dropping piglets in the magnificent golden Oven.
    A 5x5 Slaughter Pen (4 props) is quite enough for 2 or 3 Taverns and can even feed any Beasts you may have.

But ye, it's just the announcement when the Tavern plates are empty and your minions can't eat, not the Slaughter Pen's size.
    The imps are indeed quite slow, there should be a way to convert heroes to your cause and make them fill the damn Oven.
    Or have a Master Chef minion.
    I'd even prefer to pay double wage to a minion willing to fill them!

Dunger Keeper likes this.
  13. Simburgur

Simburgur Managing Director Dev Team

It was broken in the previous build. Should now be fixed :)

Sorry about that!

Reyh! likes this.
  14. Psycix

Psycix Dryad Founder

I think the main problem is that the "slaughterpen/tavern not big enough" messages are triggered based on minions being hungry rather than the rooms running out of food.
    It often triggers if I'm having my creatures fight for a very long time and nobody has even been near my dungeon.
    The tavern messages might also be triggered based on no food being in there despite nobody even attempting to use it anyway.

Basically, the messages need to be linked to different events or conditions. It shouldn't call for an enlargement if no attempt is made to use the room.

EDIT
    It's also quite odd that "your tavern is not big enough" plays when you don't even have one. I hope you have VO for "build a tavern/slaughterpen" that you could use for that.
    Same goes for lair, not sure, but I believe it calls for making the lair bigger when you don't have one.

Dunger Keeper likes this.
  15. Bloody

Bloody Gnarling

Still broken

Rule 1. Avoid multiple Ovens, even if they are filled ( the file circled is filed up by you or the Imps ) they do not shoot the meat on the plates.. Not sure what that bug is
    Rule 2. Minions really slow and complain all the time. I seen minions standing ontop of a Piglet and still grumble.

16. DV8ER

DV8ER Oculus

I've been making the mistake of making the taverns too big apparently... Aside from that I get this message a lot, even when there is a slaughter-pen full of piglets right next to the tavern. I'd like to see this some how fixed, I don't know what would fit it, other than perhaps spawning a spirit worker who's sole purpose is to stock the oven or something and is super fast at doing so.