1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to add an alternate way to unlock Workers and Themes?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angel of War, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

Is it possible to add an alternate way to unlock Workers and Themes, like a cheat or DLC option?

I'm not a achievement hunter or a Speedrunner, so most ways to get the stuff I don't have right now is more like some kind of chore and not something that gives me fun in any way, it's the same with the Crucible trying reach level 75 becomes more and more frustrating, especially since I know that a lot of players just where able to do it with the Help of strategies and gliches that are now removed. =/

Don't get me wrong, I realy like the Game, I had a lot of Fun playing the two campains, but right now I'm just so frustrated that I would rather cheat or pay to get the stuff I'm still missing instead of trying to unlock it again in the normal way, I'm sure that I will fail anyway, and that it will be just a waste of time.

So could you please consider a way for less skilled players, to unlock this stuff? =/

2. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

How much are you willing to pay for?

3. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

Depends on if it is in a pack or if I have to buy then seperated, maybe something between the already available worker skins in the shop and the underworld edition update prices, the last word would still have the devs anyway, so thats just a suggestion.

4. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

Sooo no Dev is interessted to consider a alternate way to unlock the skins? =/

5. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

What ever happened to actually earning the bonus content? :rolleyes:

Gaming sure has changed a lot since I was a kid and not entirely for the better. Today's generation wants everything now and with little or no effort and is willing to pay to take the easy route. Thanks EA for ruining gaming... you greedy f**ks. :(

6. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

That is a good Point but before all the Achivement stuff happend we often still had the possibility to use cheats to unlock bonus content as an alternativ way, I want to have fun in a game, but I don't like it if I'm Forced to play a game in a way that is no Fun for me, to unlock something I realy want to have, I tried the Crucible again yesterday again and it is just frustrating for me and if i'm ever able to get the last worker skin there, I will NEVER touch this mode again. =/

The same thing is with the Time challanges, I'm not a speedrunner, I'm just don't enjoy that kind of gameplay. =/

And for the not earning content, I have beat all Master AI's on a 1on1 Map to get the Skins, but there is still stuff I'm not able to get, and probably will never be able too, and I'm just asking for the consideration of a alternate way to unlock this content, so players like me can also enjoy it.

Yes it has and "Achivements" and "Trophys" are not one of the good changes.

I'm not a part of "Today's generation" as you call it, but when I was young we atleast where able to use cheats in Games, if we got to a point where are we not able to win the game, or unlock something, and we don't need to fear that we get banned for it because off some online Achivement nonsense.

It was great if someone could beat Contra witout the Konami Code, but non of your friends would talk bad about you if you use it.

I don't have much freetime to "train" to "git gud" at Games, and I have to work a lot to get the Money I'm willing to Pay for a little bit of game content, I'm not a little Kid that can play all day long until it get's it, thats all.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  7. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

The main issue here, is that those dungeon skins are basically a badge of honour, given to people for completing that challenge. And if you give people an alternative/easier way of doing that, it invalidates the challenge and prestige of that badge of honour.

In the nicest possible way, the fact that you can't earn it makes it all the more special for people who have earned it, and if/when you do manage to earn it, that will make it all that more special and satisfying that you've done it by overcoming that challenge rather than opting for an easy way out (either by paying money or some kind of alternate/easier challenge).

Having beaten all the of AIs on Master difficulty to get that dungeon theme, how would you feel about us changing it so that the requirement to get that Dungeon Theme was just beating the AIs on Medium (or even Easy) difficulty? I expect you'd feel robbed that you had to face a harder challenge than people who want to earn the theme now do.

8. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

I don't care for challenges anymore I'm to old for that, and I don't need any kind of prestige or a "badge of honour", and people who care about that stuff still have there Achievements on steam, that prove that they got the stuff the "legit way", so they can still feel great that they are so much better and all the other "Elite Player" nonsense.

By this logic I should already feel robbed since a lot of players where able to use now fixed exploits to beat wave 75 on the Crucible to get the Final Worker skin.

9. Nutter

It's not about "being much better" or "elitism" it's about earning something rather than been given it. If we were to add an "easier alternative" for these dungeon skins, we might as well just give them away for free to everyone. Their value only comes from their rarity... so once you take away that rarity they lose their value.

EDIT - It's worth adding to this, that owning the Founders Dungeon theme also unlocks all of the base game dungeon themes too, so if/when the proposed/planned Charity event happens, that might be your opportunity to get those themes without having to complete those challenges.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  10. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

So if I would use my real Money, that I have hard to work to get something like that as a DLC unlock, then it is not earned but some kind of a "generous gift" ?

I know nothing about the Charity event, can you give me more informations about it?

11. Nutter

It was mentioned by the devs a long while ago that they were considering holding a charity event where people who didn't get chance to kickstart the game on kickstarter (but still want the kickstarter/founder themes) would be able to purchase them with some or all of the proceeds going to a charity.

My issue is with giving away "earned content" for free/less effort than the people who earned it in the first place, rather than allowing people to pay for that content (even better if it benefits a charity) if that's what they want to do.

Angel of War likes this.
  12. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

It would be fine for me if I could get them with the charity event. =)