• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[issue]health flowers and selling

airgo

Disciple
WFTO Backer
Mar 1, 2013
health flowers: i like to play the game zoomed out a little further than the default view. im having the issue that creatures needs as well as their level number are unreadable from that distance. even at default view i cant read the level number when a creature is at the top of the screen, thus further away. now, i play at 1920 x 1080. i guess, that playing at a lower resolution would make it even worse.
a possible solution would be to display health flowers at a fixed size, no matter the distance. though, im not sure how well this would look if there are multiple creatures a varying distances on the screen, like in posession mode for example.

selling: when room tiles are sold, the gold goes directly into your vault. if the vault is full, however, the gold just dissapears. in my oppinion, the gold should get dropped on the tiles which were sold, in this case. even if your vault is not full, dropping gold from rooms sold instead of sending it to the vault is something to consider imo.
oh, and if you hover of a pile of gold, a tooltip showing how much it is would be much appreciated. same for gold in vault

Last edited:

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Both these ideas are good. In addition to them being a fixed size, wondered if health flowers should only appear when either (a) you mouse over the unit (showing you the unit you are interested in), (b) the unit is damaged and/or unhappy (showing you the units that need attention) or (c) you press and hold a hot key (like alt) (showing you all the flowers when you want to see all the flowers). This would give the play more options on how to view flowers, reducing the clutter when your units are healthy and happy. Enemy flowers would be visible all the time so you can easily tell they are hostiles.

airgo

Disciple
WFTO Backer
Mar 1, 2013
going into suggestions here, but since we're already talking health flowers:
i can see your idea of only showing health flowers if any of your described circumstances are true work really well and would surely help reducing clutter when having a lot of units. indicating when a unit levels up (i'm sure devs have already something planned for this) could be another case. an option for the hotkey, you described under c), to be "push to show" or "switch" would be nice as well, for people who don want to use the keyboard constantly during a game.

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
The optional toggling sounds like a good idea. Levelling up definitely needs to be visible as well - I imagine it will involve some sort of VFX. Shame RR has already finished recording - I'd love to hear him (very rarely) just say "Ding" in his lackadaisical way!

Top Bottom