• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Just finished My Pet Dungeon, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2016
I just went into the map editor, playing with a map I've worked on for some time, and put in a couple possesion doors, and something came to my mind. The new map editor feature of painting the locked Fog of War would be useful in itself without the door. An alternative would be if it were possible to place an artifact, and then put a type of earth tile over the artifact. Currently, I believe it is too easy to find "hidden" artifacts simply by looking around the map with the sight spell.

Electrolight

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
I agree on both points.

The Fog of War locking should be separate from the Possession Door.

I have also always felt like it is too easy to find Artifacts or other hidden goodies. It would be nice to have an Earth/Gold tile that you can cover a room, shrine, creature, artifact, etc.. with that hides and camouflages it until it is dug into. The Fog of War locking is great but if you wanted a secret area or to hide an artifact or shrine, just having the locked Fog of War is an obvious giveaway that something is there.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Fog of war locking should work independently from needing to use the Possession Door mechanics, but a Possession Door still needs to be placed somewhere on the map for you to be able to paint it.

However, without making use of the possession door there is no way to actually remove that locked fog of war.

Aug 17, 2016
I was thinking of something that would just allow painting permanent Fog Of War over an area until it is claimed, or perhaps the first tile in the area is claimed. I've also started working on some maps, and wondered about applying the FOW. Does it work according to whichever Possesion Door you have right clicked on? I've been working on a map, with several doors, and have been right clicking on that door, and then placing the FOW where I want, and not all is actually near the door. Some I've applied was in completely separate areas. And I've done this for each door.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
The way it works is if a patch of locked FoW is touching a possession door, it'll be revealed when that door is destroyed. The way to use this is to put a player-owned Underminer at the end of the room, linked to one side of the door via Obsidian (if the Obsidian is destroyed, so is the door).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom