• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Kickstarter is live!

Medjay

Shadow
Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
I am really really impressed by that video. Where on earth did you find a voice as as awesome as that?!
"In a survey, 9 out 10 blood imps said no" - that me laugh, never going for forget that :D

Eliv

Blood Imp
Oct 4, 2012
I am really really impressed by that video. Where on earth did you find a voice as as awesome as that?!
"In a survey, 9 out 10 blood imps said no" - that me laugh, never going for forget that :D
It was the mentor from DK1 and DK2 :)

Blizzard

Necromancer
Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
First off
Well Done
I will definitely give my money and support it
I love what you done after the pre alphaso much has changed
But i Have one question although you probably already answered me
Does it have LAN support ?

Huntress
Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
Got kicked from irc, can't get back in. The demo plays really slow on my laptop, but that didn't stop me from finding the party. With a very slowly opening door :D I assume it moves faster on a better PC

TheOddOne

Spirit
Founder
Nov 18, 2011
Hoooooooolllly crap. The mentor (Richard) could return. I was halfheartedly hoping a pleading to myself that this would be possible. Never before have I felt such a profound, undying need for the realization of a possibility. Not to mention the video.

TL,DR: WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT.

chaoseater

Gargoyle
Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
Hoooooooolllly crap. The mentor (Richard) could return. I was halfheartedly hoping a pleading to myself that this would be possible. Never before have I felt such a profound, undying need for the realization of a possibility. Not to mention the video.

TL,DR: WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT.
when i first watched the video then notice who it was i was like OMG I LOVE THIS GUY lol

Jun 28, 2012
PLEASE SIM! PLEASE! You have the game set to release on August 30th:eek:!! PLEASE Try to make it a day earlier if you can! Aug29 is my birthday and this would be SO amazing to be released then! Aug30 would be not a big deal at all but being on the 29th would just unimaginable!:D

Keverian

Warden
Backer
May 7, 2012
Hey guys! It looks amazing. Good going. :)

Only I have got an serious issue here. I really want to back you guys up, but right now I shamefully can't. My bank card doesn't support Maestro nor Visa, but has V-pay (the european product of Visa). :oops:
I can't sign up for kickstarter to back you up now. Is there any chance there will be a way in which I can back you up?

I do have Paypal and Ideal... :(

Medjay

Shadow
Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Hello,

I thought you might find a little bit of feedback on the demo useful:

1) Reinforced walls look amazing.
2) Fire effects look amazing.
3) Doors look amazing.
4) I'm not sure if the 'earthquake' effect I'm getting when I stand on those circular plates is supposed to happen. A bit strange.
5) Very much like the blue fungi/skeletons. Makes the dungeon feel very real. Although I would perhaps recommend adding some glowing green ferns to add a little more variation.
6) There is a strange wall that appears to have a rapid blue sparkle effect applied to it. I quite sure that this is not intentional. I got a few screenshots but I can't figure out how to add them, but I can say that to find it, you need to exit the main dungeon and keep to the far left corridors. The sparkling wall is adjacent to the first patch of fungi that you encounter.
7) The candle brackets look cool, but aren't solid, which seems a little strange (I don't know how busy corridors are going to get, so it may not be appropriate).
8) The pillars holding up the roof, do appear to just turn to black at their tops, perhaps a little rock around the tops of the pillars could be added to show that they are melding into the roof.
9) The ambient sound is very good.

Overall, I am really impressed. I think that this is going to be a great game. I guess I'm rather 'nit-picking', but that's good because there are no major issues at all that I can find.

Nearly forgot:
10) Jumping! Totally was not expecting that, but I think it is a great addition. I was wondering, does this mean you can now jump over ground traps? I do like how you can actually jump onto your heart and go up and down :D

Jun 28, 2012
Ok, I read the WHOLE page before watching the video. And Im not kidding, Im tearing up from the flooding memories of DK, ESPECIALLY with getting our favorite Mentor back as voice actor. I cant stop saying 'Oh my god, yes!!!' I never backed things on KS before, but this I definitly will make an account for and back with as much money as I can. The slapping a Blood Imp line was just....OMG, aftet I back this. Im gonna play some DK2!

Top Bottom