• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kickstarter is live!

Jun 28, 2012
I wish BeBopVox had really discussed it a bit frikkin more -.- Didnt even describe what you do beisdes it has elements from a bunch of games, Except the game its solely based off of. Oh well, itll hopefully help but if we keep the rate we are going I dont know if we will get all the way to 225$

Dec 27, 2011
I do really think that there should be something i identify War for the Overworld with.
I am not talking about something like the game, but a person.
When i look at those Videos i see some ideas and awesome modding tools.
But there is nothing like a person i can identify it.

I still think of Horny when looking at all this and this cool looking blood imp :D

In my opinion You developers should show Your faces and explain the game on camera.
It would be just to show all this in a more human-like way and You will not have problems on what to show in the videos.

About the identification... the project lead should maybe explain the way the project gets further into development.

Atleast to me, seeing the people who are doing this makes it seem more charming...
even if i gonna back this anyways :D ~thumbs up~ Good luck with WftO.

Dec 5, 2012
Poland
Seconded!

Company owners should make an appearance and show their faces.
Would make it much more personal.
It would become a project that a group of people is making rather than just a project that somehow happens:p

Jun 28, 2012
I dont remember how I got the idea, But will there be some sort of evolving for some of the minions? Like it reaches a certain level and it can have to option to change into an entierly new monster with new uses? Or will we just stay with the regular game style with monsters that level to a certain extent, gaining some new spells/skills on the way and cap off?

Dec 5, 2012
Poland
I remember Dragon Spawns in DK1 could evolve into dragons...
The idea is nice:)
I would like for example you have 3 goblins in your dungeon. and they levelup and once they're max level, you can throw at 3 of them into a fighting pit - they then fight and two die but one becomes a level one goblin cutthroat for example:) Which would be much tougher and stronger

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
I'm stoked about this - the Mentor is back! Put in a Tier 6 pledge.

By the by, if this Kickstarter doesn't work out I'd be perfectly fine with a separate Kickstarter just to pay for Richard's voice.

Jun 28, 2012
Hey Kyle, Id suggest adding more torchstands in the Creature room of the showcase. Way in the back where they have the Cultist at is REALLY dark and you really cant see much detail.

Eek

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Oct 22, 2012
Canterbury, Kent
www.leeketh.com
there was some talk on IRC about possibly doing daily updates...
there's also extra updates to the demo depending on how much is donated.
if you look at the imp picture on the KS front page, you can see how much is needed for the next unlock.

LucidNonsense

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2012
Texas, y'all
I have no idea how I missed this for the last month (year?), but I'm glad that someone's finally attempting a follow-through on this. To echo the sentiments I've already seen in this forum, DK2 was one of my favorites when I was a teen. It's absurd that EA has let the brand go to pot.

Excellent work on the demonstration (though I'd like to see increased functionality). I've tossed what I can your way and will definitely continue to trickle funds from my paltry paycheck to y'all when possible. I'll do what I can to spread the news in Austin; hopefully some hillcountry tech investor will take an interest.

Cheers,
-ln

Top Bottom