• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Language translation

Nov 25, 2013
Germany
Hi,
Some time ago it was said that wfto will be translated in different language with voice overs in German and French (?).
Is this still valid for the release in one week?

With best regards,
Noxlor

BlackBeard

Firebreather
Mar 21, 2015
Italy
I think that the voice in English Should not be translated. is perfect

instead the translation of test / subtitle is crucial.

Dear developers: P There are plans for translation into Italian?

Fireeye

Augre
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I think actual dubs (i.e. voice overs) other than the default English ones are not going to happen as this requires a lot of money and dev resources.

Subtitles are more likely, though. The team has speaker of German and French, amongst others (I think).

Doka

Blood Imp
Apr 2, 2015
Well the German subtitles are guaranteed to cause some amusement. Looks like someone used Google translate for those. ;)
Unfortunately same "fun" i'm seeing with russian subtitles. :(

Devs, will you work above localizations improvements?

Last edited:

Doka

Blood Imp
Apr 2, 2015
As the main menu update window states, official subtitle translations were delayed and the gaps are indeed being filled by automated translation until the proper translations are done/ready.

The improvements are coming :)
Wow, really good news! Cheers!

Nov 25, 2013
Germany
The best fail in German translation: "Last" for load. I mean...."Last" is the physical load (weight) ;)
The correct word would be "Laden". I have never seen such a bad translation mistake in a game.

Last edited:

Dark Archon

Dwarven Worker
Mar 31, 2015
Well, the Polish translation calls the Load option "Burden". ;) As mentioned above, the game is machine translated due to a translation delay, the official translations will be released around April 8th.

Huntress
Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
The best fail in German translation: "Last" for load. I mean...."Last" is the physical load (weight) ;)
The correct word would be "Laden". I have never seen such a bad translation mistake in a game.
that's so weird, in English, Laden actually means "heavily loaded or weighed down.", and Last means "the time before this one", the fact that in German Last means physical load, and Laden means load as in load a game seems completely backwards. :D

Meickel

Priestess
Mar 3, 2015
Austria
that's so weird, in English, Laden actually means "heavily loaded or weighed down.", and Last means "the time before this one", the fact that in German Last means physical load, and Laden means load as in load a game seems completely backwards. :D
Well, weird for english speakers but not for german speakers :D
Gift for example means poison in German ;o so when i give you (a) gift, i actually mean poison ;)

Top Bottom