• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lazy imp - takes too long to claim a portal

RMJ

Firebreather
Jan 3, 2013
Denmark
couldn 3 imps stand on each tile in DK games to claim it ?. at any rate you cant have it being claimed very fast.

because lets say you are fighting over a portal, it should go back and forth like crazy. so that 1 imp can just rush in a take it, that would be so annoying.

It was bad enough with those damn bridges. Bridge claimed, 2sec later bridge lost, bridge claimed, bridge lost >.<

CoolDreamZ

Cultist
WFTO Backer
Feb 20, 2013
Edinburgh, UK
I don't think this is a bug, rather a topic for discussion. The length of time it *should* take to claim something is a matter of opinion & game balance. I resurrected DK2 a couple of months ago, have been playing a lot recently and this stood out for me when playing the beta. Of course I may be wrong - I didn't actually time it - maybe I'm just an impatient keeper or all my imps are Level 10 ;-)

I think the balance and behaviours of the Imps is probably one of the most critical elements in the gameplay

Yes, I found bridges switched sides very quickly too!

May 15, 2013
I think it should take sufficiently long to take something so that always a fight might occur over something. If you can capture something in a matter of seconds there would not be much room for a battle over that object.

Top Bottom