• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

let creatures use their rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

oimel

Gnarling
Jul 25, 2015
please let creatures use their rooms ,so the rooms are not empty all the time .cultist should read books,crackpots (fake)brew potions ,succubus torture eachother ... ... ... (to lvl up or not ,just fill the rooms with life.)
if u want them to lvl up in the barracks then make them use their rooms after reaching lvl10 or make them use their rooms when idleing,but i think they should do things to lvl up they are doing in fight , like learning spells (cultist) , brew potion( crackpot) . or split their lvling , lvl 1-5 in their own rooms ,lvl 6-10 in barracks, or so

Aug 18, 2015
Keep in mind that WTFO is also an RTS game. And this feature would make minions less productive (like stairing at arena fights) and I personally hate that.
I don't want to say it's a bad idea, I just doesn't fit the RTS genre, imo.

Mar 11, 2014
I do want to point that WftO is not the kind of "RTS" you play if you're focused heavily on APM or extreme-gosu micro of units. Units just behave too randomly to optimize your play past a point, the best you can do is make sure they're not spending too much time in transit between eating/sleeping/getting paid. You're usually more concerned with keeping your workers busy on the right tasks and any focus taken off that is usually itself non-optimal.

Overall I'd say WftO is kind of snuggled in that grey area between RTS and simulation, leaning more towards the former than its spiritual predecessor but largely because other descendant games (Dwarf Fortress, Prison Architect) have all but perfected the latter.

Aug 18, 2015
See what I'm getting at here, Bohser?
Yes, I saw it.
They chat to each other when they are Idle, and I firstly heavily disliked it, but then I saw, that's an inicator for me to know, that they doesn't have anything to do.
If they would look like they would work, some people could think something is bugged out, so they should derping around their rooms. And THAT would be something I really like, because that would causes, that they are faster at their workplace and you would see them, when they have no tasks to do and I also like the simulation thing :3

I do want to point that WftO is not the kind of "RTS" you play if you're focused heavily on APM or extreme-gosu micro of units. Units just behave too randomly to optimize your play past a point, the best you can do is make sure they're not spending too much time in transit between eating/sleeping/getting paid. You're usually more concerned with keeping your workers busy on the right tasks and any focus taken off that is usually itself non-optimal.
I play like that ^^'
I micro-manage almost everything, especially the very beginning. And my dungeon layout is somewhat optimized as well. But indeed, I focus more on my Imps tasks.
I can't tell much about the randomess of the Intelligent Minions, because mine are most of the time bussy, on that point, this suggestion makes sense.

Overall I'd say WftO is kind of snuggled in that grey area between RTS and simulation, leaning more towards the former than its spiritual predecessor but largely because other descendant games (Dwarf Fortress, Prison Architect) have all but perfected the latter.
Agree in that point

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom