• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Level 9 (Belmorne's Pass bug?

Jul 11, 2015
Level 9 Belmorne's Pass.jpg

Intel i7 930 cpu (1st generation)
Gigabyte X58A - UD3R Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 5850 - AMD 1Gb Graphics card
Sound Blaster Recon3D fatal1ty Professional soundcard
6Gb ram
Windows 7 Premium 64-bit
Version 1.1.15 of WFTO

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with level 9 (Belmorne's Pass). The game counts down for each incursion of the enemy as they attempt to bypass your dungeon and run towards the exit gate, However for me there's not 'one' incursion at once, but the whole damn lot of them! The count down continues as it should, and Mr Ridings announces the enemy arrival, but you get a cluster of about half a dozen enemy (as normal) and immediately followed by the next lot, and then the next and so on, before the countdown has even completed for the first incursion! There is no pause in between and there isn't enough time to get more minions or create defences and before long you're completely over-run! I am not playing the level from a save and have had to restart it several times so far. I've taken a screenshot of this (at the top of this post), but some of the enemy have already got through to the West gate and I've killed at least half a dozen of them already. As you can see this is the so called 'first battalion', the second isn't supposed to have even started out yet, and I'm getting several battalions at once... continuously!

Can someone let me know if this is a bug or not? I don't recall each wave being directly after each other, at least not before the time runs out anyway! ... Thanks :confused:

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2015
I'd like to add to this that I even experienced the counter for forces that got through counting up while none were really going through. At the end it said I got an achievement for not letting any pass.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I think this is intended, or at least hasn't been fixed ever since I played the mission for the first time.

The trick is to instantly build a foundry and then fortify the natural bottleneck directly to the north of your dungeon core. It should look somewhat like this

doodle.jpg

Yellow = Bombards
Blue = Blade Loti
Pink = Gargoyle
Brown = Garrison
Grey = Impenetrable rock that makes up the bottleneck

The bombards who are right next to the blade loti should also be reinforced with ramparts.
If one of the blade loti is destroyed, just place a new one where it used to be an cast "Forge" on the blueprint twice. If you have not enough mana, you can also pick up two defense parts from your foundry with the hand of evil and drop it on the blueprint.

To build all this stuff, you will need a bit of gold. There are small gold seems directly to the west of your dungeon, as well as in the northwest and the south east. More importantly, there's a gold shrine in the central north. Blow up the brimstone on your way to it and place a gold vortex near it, so that any gold mined by your workers goes directly to your treasure chamber.

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
I've been arguing before that people expect waves and get messed up because the game decides it's funny to deliver an endless waterfall. I still think this is bad design, and the fact that people make bugreports for it proves my point.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
i will reject this bug as its not a bug but i ntended behavior.

please make a topic in the general discussion forum for balance changes.

@Yani please report this bug seperately including all the details we need to find it , thank you very much

Jul 11, 2015
i will reject this bug as its not a bug but i ntended behavior.

please make a topic in the general discussion forum for balance changes.

@Yani please report this bug seperately including all the details we need to find it , thank you very much

No problem LoR... Again not a bug but just a very tough level. Belmorne's Pass is a devilishly written level to accomplish, it had me stumped for a while, but as Fireeye rightly stated, it was do-able. Once you bottle-neck and cordon off the pass corridor (effectively blocking their passage to the west exit), it's just a simple case of zapping their sappers with a lightning bolt every time they attempt to break through your walls, continuing to build your dungeon and forces in between. As the enemy main forces cannot break through without their sappers, they just congregate in their own area until you have adequately set up defences, once you've taken down the holding wall and let them have it with your cannon defences (always best to put them on overdrive too for extra damage) you send in your now 'beefed up' forces in to finish the job!... well, that's more or less how I did it anyway! Thanks for the help. :)

Top Bottom