• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Level creatures

Andree Ehrig

Disciple
WFTO Backer
Jan 3, 2013
Dresden, Germany
Not that I noticed. Though that would be a nice addition. In Dungeon Keeper 1+2 minions and imps learned new skills at various levels - i.e. imps learned to teleport at certain levels or vampires learned to raise the dead or dark mistresses learned a lightning spell and made them a ranged unit or thieves learned invisibility etc. So far in WFTO I have not seen any changes like this.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2013
Creatures in WFTO do not change appearance as they level up, though all intelligent units learn a new skill at level 5. However, these skills are usually not game-change liking the lighting for dark mistresses, and tend to be just a more powerful version of an already existing skill. for example, gnarlings get a more powerful spinning move, crackpots get an extremely high damage potion, etc.

Except

Gnarling
Oct 6, 2014
A quick question related to the discussion. Why do some creatures refuse to train even if I drop them into barracks and hit them a few times? Am I missing something?

Psycix

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
They have needs, currently dropping and/or slapping doesn't override the needs for a while.

Psycix

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
I hope it's the first, I'm afraid is the latter. You could make a suggestion thread to talk about this.
Void already recently changed it so that the obey spell would force them to override the needs at least. :)

Except

Gnarling
Oct 6, 2014
I might do. I mean there isn't much sense in hitting the creatures or even dropping them for that matter. In a recent game I tried to make oculus' train around 5-6 times, but they stayed at level 1 until pretty much the end of the game because they wanted to sleep every time I dropped them. :\

Where would I make such a thread? Right here in the bedrock beta discussion?

Nov 13, 2013
I might do. I mean there isn't much sense in hitting the creatures or even dropping them for that matter. In a recent game I tried to make oculus' train around 5-6 times, but they stayed at level 1 until pretty much the end of the game because they wanted to sleep every time I dropped them. :\

Where would I make such a thread? Right here in the bedrock beta discussion?
What you are describing there isn't an issue with creature assigning, the issue is since oculuses are beast units, which mean they can't use the training room (or work in any other room) beast units can only fight. the way you train beasts is you place them in the arena :)

Except

Gnarling
Oct 6, 2014
Oooooh ok I see. I knew I was missing something. Thanks! Although if the needs can't be overridden by hitting there's still not much point in hitting. :\

Mar 17, 2015
Maybe it's possible to give higher leveled minions a slightly different skin, or some kind of FX/Aura so that you can better differ between low-level minions and high-level minions.

Top Bottom