• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lore - The greatest kickstarter project ever

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
I'm not even going say much about it just look at the artwork and then the comments page.

I did think it was scam when I first saw it but since a guy at Forbes did an article on it ripping it to shreds and now I believe the creator is genuine, just completely deluded.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1376466869/lore-0?ref=live

Its not his first attempt to get it off the ground - he was asking for 1.5 Million (Yes 1.5 Million) before canceling it, now its a more a realistic 150k. He's got £800 so far but seems to be just so they can troll him on the comments page.

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
I don't if he can do any of the things he says he can but he does seem to spend 24 hours a day just reply to comments on the board.

theMarg0r

Dryad
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
I seriously hope it's some sort of study about how stupid a thing can be for people to still invest money into it. Otherwise, I fear for the future of the human race, if somebody that retarded can use the internet.

Jackpot Winner

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Nov 29, 2012
I fear for the future of the human race, if somebody that retarded can use the internet.
Is that sincere? This Kickstarter for some video game makes you doubt humanity's welfare? You think a person capable of writing a detailed treatment for a creative design project and showing competency in Maya has a mental deficiency?

I wouldn't worry, from what I have seen in the comments people are only pledging to troll the project.
So displays of trust and generosity are cause for worry, but unnecessary piss-taking is something to celebrate?

I'm unclear on what is meant to justify these responses.

ANewRoom

Gargoyle
WFTO Founder
I think you might have got the wrong idea here. I think people are being pretty cruel. If Kickstarter was working the way it should, this thread wouldn't exist and Lore would just be another project in a vast ocean of them. The fact that it is being held up only for people to point at and laugh is borderline childish to me.

My comment before is not in any way celebrating anything, was simply pointing out that the people backing this are not taking this at all seriously.

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
*Looks*

What is this, I don't understand it.
There's two Lores, one that was canceled.
Aaagghh, my brain.

*Thud*

LucidNonsense

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2012
Texas, y'all
Is that sincere? This Kickstarter for some video game makes you doubt humanity's welfare? You think a person capable of writing a detailed treatment for a creative design project and showing competency in Maya has a mental deficiency?

So displays of trust and generosity are cause for worry, but unnecessary piss-taking is something to celebrate?

I'm unclear on what is meant to justify these responses.
It's clearly a fake set up as some sort of obscure joke. I'm not sure if your response was serious, but the hideous artwork, the absurd storyline, and the spelling deficiencies are too contrived to be real. Pledge a dollar and you can buy the game on Steam? Seriously?

Stuff like this happens all the time. Usually the troll who sets it up is a socially inept misanthrope who gets a charge out of manipulating people. It was funny for two minutes back in the day when the internet was a series of tubes, but now it's just old.

Jackpot Winner

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Nov 29, 2012
Are you suggesting everyone in this thread has been trolled to tearz, then? Because I certainly believe it's a real project by a real individual who just happens to be very naive.

Top Bottom