1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of Lag

Discussion in 'Map Creation' started by gregored13, Apr 24, 2017.

1. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I've been working on a map, and every time I think I have it in a good state, I try playing, but I keep getting lots of lag- very poor frame rates. I just played a map with many more units, and it was pretty smooth overall, and it had 11 Inhibitors to destroy--this was a single player map, and mine is trying to be a four player map. I've replaced many Empire units with Crucible units, which cannot be converted, I've removed the Inhibitors, and I've just reached the point of giving up making it playable. If it won't run on my pc, I don't want to let others try it.

2. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

Do you have a link to the map (on steam workshop)? I can probably take a look and see if I can spot anything which would be causing the lag.

3. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

Nutter, I've been reworking and replaying the map, and have not released it. If you at least temporarily friend me, I can publish it to friends only.

4. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

5. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I've published the map as private, but never having done so, I do not know how to allow access. For your information, if you get a look, at the beginning, I had a total of 12 Inhibitors, and removed all but four. I at one time, had an Empire Core, but due to the tendency of the Empire to scoop up all its minions, leaving empty rooms, I took that out. I tried playing with minion portals-no go. I moved the Mana Shrines to those locations instead. And, as I mentioned previously, I tried to remove as many convertible units as seemed reasonable. I also greatly reduced the total number of Empire units since I began the map. I finally reduced the amount of water and lava chasms that were originally on the map.

6. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I see your message, but am not certain what to do with it?

7. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

figured it out, I think. Thanks