1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower the imps' AI tendency to fortify, please?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by JulianB3000, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

Tbh, imps shouldn't bother fortifying if there are other things to do.

It's especially annoying when they fortify tiles which you plan to mine after, making their work counter-productive.

2. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

Tell us something new Slich.
    Fortify has utterly low priority and I explained when they still do it + the bugs current public version had ^^

JulianB3000 likes this.
  3. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

How about the problem with digging? The one where imps still can't decide if they should mine gold or fortify it?

You know it's very annoying because imps still can't do this on their own sometimes, and if you don't pay attention you will expand more slowly.

4. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

I am not aware about such an issue and if it is a thing, why not report it in the bug forum?
    However there was some delay before units were able to make a new decision in lag/high CPU load situations which might be able to cause something like this but this issue is also fixed already in the coming patch.

5. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

I made report back then. Check the archives of report, there even should be a video of the bug.

The issue usually happens early when players don't have the treasury made. Seems like imps have trouble mining gold and delivering it to core.

6. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

Would you be so nice and link it to me again?
    Because I am unsure which bug report you mean.

7. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

I no longer have access to it.

It is in QA bug report list.

8. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

Well there is still an archive of all reports after Patch 1.1 https://forum.subterraneangames.com/forums/post-1-1-archive.92/
    I searched it for posts done by you but didn't found the one matching what you said well.
    Or was it even reported before?
    Then it might be from a time where we had to deal with way more serious issues and it might have slipped through.
    So if it's not even in the archive, then please wait for Patch 1.3.2 and if the issue is still present, please report it again.

Lord of Riva likes this.
  9. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

My report is located in private QA Excel sheet. There's also a link to video which demonstrates the bug in action. Bug itself is extremely easy to replicate should any of QA members bother to do.

10. JulianB3000

JulianB3000 Dwarven Worker

@v0id, I'm glad to see the patch notes today mentioning the improvements to deal with this fortifying issue, and also with the body rescue issue.

The notes don't mention your other fix (dead units still sometimes showing as unconscious). Was that fix unable to make it into the patch, or was it too small to mention in the patch notes?

Either way - I'm really glad to see the release already. Maybe I can stop beelining for the Fortify Ritual. ;)

11. SADevil

SADevil Priestess Backer

You mean this fix (the fourth from below)? :)
    • Fixed a rare issue where unit shields could sometimes continue to be displayed even after a unit’s death

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Lord of Riva likes this.
  12. JulianB3000

Oh, is that what that meant? I couldn't work it out. Thanks for explaining! :)

13. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

Yea this is that :D
    It's a little bit different from the original, but the patch notes are always a bit prettified by our community manager ;)

14. Lord of Riva

Lord of Riva The Lord Founder

its the package sentence in very beautiful wrapping paper to beautify it skill of Mr.Noontide.
    However at the same time it means you will need to unpack it to understand haha.

Personally i like the clawing and ripping approach when it comes to that, i have no sense of beauty :D

JulianB3000 likes this.
  15. Xander

Xander Crackpot

And here I am having to place Imps at walls to fortify them because they rarely do it themselves.

That goes double for claiming the damn floor.
    Am I not slapping them enough or something?

16. JulianB3000

I don't think (my version of) this is fixed. I've updated my bug report, but I'm mentioning it here in case the "Completed" status on the bug means the update is overlooked.

17. Lord of Riva

Lord of Riva The Lord Founder

hrm, yeah.

the new bug tracker is still relatively new for us, and somehow its not easy to see a new answer on a completed topic, hrm.
    thanks for pointing it out.

18. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

They'll only do it if they find no other tasks, but then they'll do it for sure.

Well the reported issue is fixed for sure, so I guess you suffer from a different one.
    We will take a look.

19. Xander

Xander Crackpot

Guessing its not possible to prioritize based on vicinity and distance?

For instance, I drop 3 imps to dig out a set room and set another 3 imps to dig out another set room, with one room finished before the other it'd be nice if at least 1 imp stayed behind to claim the damn floor, one going to fortify the wall to then claiming that room with the other imp, but only if all other tasks are further away than the quick, simple and painless task of claiming the damn room it just dug out.
    SLAPSLAPSLAP

20. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

Of course possible, but you need to explicitely assign them to do it.
    So if you drop a worker (next) to a task, this will make him assigned to that type task.
    He will not only do the task you dropped him by, but continue to do tasks of the same type, until he can not find any task of the same type in proximity.
    eg.
    • If you drop a worker to a room entrace (or any claimable tile) to claim, he will claim the entire room before doing other tasks.
    • If you drop a worker on a fortfifiable block, he will fortify all fortifieable blocks along the same corridor before doing something else.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Xander likes this.