• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Magic] Imp Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

Blood Imp
Dec 16, 2012
So, i proposed it on the comment section of KS..Wfto..and i was told to put it on the suggestion thread so it doesn't get forgotten. Sorry if this have already been proposed..(that means that creators doesn't read you then :p).

So, my suggestion is as simple as the title say.
By focusing your mana on imps you make a living imp bomb.
The imp in itself will run wildly (because he knows he is gonna die in 5 seconds..). So he might blow up your room or blow up Paladull. It is a suicidal move, it's crual, it'll only work on imp. But it can also brings new strategy particularly in MP. For example you've been attacked and don't have any creature yet ? You still have a way to defend yourself. Or you could use your imp as vanguard and do several damage to your opponent by blowing his rooms/creatures.

In addition it won't counter-balance the game in itself as mana doesn't recover that fastly for you to spam this magic.

But the real addition with this magic to this game is obviously a new way to torture your imps and to amuse yourself as a Keeper if you're bored ;)

Dawn

Blood Imp
Dec 16, 2012
Haha, that's brilliant!
Personally, I love the sound of locking all my imps in one room, and casting this on one of them just to watch the fireworks...
That would even be better if the other imps would try hitting the door locked to ask for help xD.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
It reminds me of suicide bombers in Afganastan. But I like the idea as a last resort, imps are easily re-created when peace is restored.

Dawn

Blood Imp
Dec 16, 2012
If this is an ability that can be used right at the beginning of the game as you say, it should do very low damage. Other than that, it gets a thumbs up from me.
I see it as an ability you get really soon in the game, indeed. With creating imp/possess etc.
If it was doing too much damage it would counter-balance the game. So, no i think it should only be able to blow up one square of a room for example. Destroy a normal door or lightly hurt/stun a creature.

You could also use Imp Bomb then Possess to have a guided bomb. (but beware not to be stuck in the imp body when it explode..).

Honn

Blood Imp
Dec 8, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Love it. The only problem is that workers will probably run away from heroes to fast for you to cast it with any effect. Perhaps the worker bomb spell causes a worker to run straight at the nearest hero and then explode.

Dawn

Blood Imp
Dec 16, 2012
Love it. The only problem is that workers will probably run away from heroes to fast for you to cast it with any effect. Perhaps the worker bomb spell causes a worker to run straight at the nearest hero and then explode.
There is a lot of way to resolve that. A slap, or you possess the actual creature and guide it yourself to the ennemy, throw your creature on a straight tunnel. If the imp was running straight..it would be less funny and too effective of a magic :p.

But it is just a suggestion, if it is include. I am sure the creator will think of a good way to import it :).

Robofish

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Dec 1, 2012
Surrey, laughing at how rubbish Sussex is.
Here's a question: If an imp set to explode is killed, does it still explode? If no you could up the damage a little. Having them explode either way could be cool for trying to turn this spell against the caster by blowing up part of his dungeon or in the midst of his creatures, but that would only really work for ranged heroes, melee heroes are doomed to be hit by this one way or another.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
When they self destruct they could have a little Chant in their own language before the actual BOOM, somthig like.
Imp: Fer daz Undreleo! (For the Underlord)
Juggernaut: Waaaah?
BOOOOM!!!
**Splat** blood everywhere burns to the carpet a bit of brick broken from the Dungeon walls.

Dawn

Blood Imp
Dec 16, 2012
Here's a question: If an imp set to explode is killed, does it still explode? If no you could up the damage a little. Having them explode either way could be cool for trying to turn this spell against the caster by blowing up part of his dungeon or in the midst of his creatures, but that would only really work for ranged heroes, melee heroes are doomed to be hit by this one way or another.
For me if the imp is killed it should explode (as long as the magic is set up, it should).
So there will still be a way to defend against it. By putting ranged heroes to shoot at the Imp Bomb.
Also as you say it is a double-edge magic and desperate measure. The fun in it imo would be that it could save you but also kill you.

So, yes it should explode either way ;) Because it would be cool to turn this spell against the caster :p

Gorny1

Bloodling
Dec 14, 2012
Trier, Germany
I have to think of Lemmings, the game from 1991, where you can transform one or all of your lemmings into living bombs, as a tool, or in order to give up, or just for fun ^^. They exploded after 5 seconds and just before the explosion they shout "oh no!".

Great idea!

Jan 19, 2013
I suggest making it a spell that you have to research first, and that you can only use this spell in your dungeon for defending purposes but increasing the explosion radius. (as much as I love the idea of sending hordes of suicidal blood imps to blow up my enemies' dungeons, I think it's too imbalanced)

Jan 3, 2013
While the idea is fun, I'd rather go with a trap, like Jack-In-Box, but against creature. Imps could be made more aggressive when defending room and very aggressive when they defend a heart. They are simply too important to throw away so early.

May 18, 2013
I like this. Sometimes I did wish for a further use for my imps, when almost all of my dungeon was built...
Two ideas:
- Make them not running maniacally, but sitting still (when the spell takes effect) until encountered by an enemy. Then explode. Like a living mine
- Only when you possess an imp, you could have the option to self destruct (like a spell or ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom