• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Manga/Anime discussion thread.

Jan 22, 2012
Do you read/watch manga/anime ?
What are your favourites ?

For me :
Manga: OP and Fairy tail are so good, also there are few good old/unknown ones ike Rave, few korean ones are great like Noblesse and Tower of God
Anime: Fate/Stay night rocks (esp any fight involving archer :D) as well as Fairy tail (that music is so good)
Recently i started watching Fate/Zero and after like 10 minutes the plot of Fate/Stay is finally clear in some points. That is probably one of the animes out there (i need to watch rest of episodes. I'm currentlyin the midle)

So what do you guys like to read/watch ?

Historically:
Death Note (Anime & Manga)
Metal Alchemist (Anime)

The rest are creepy NSFW ones that I stumbled upon whilst definitely looking for something totally different... *cough*

I'm probably forgetting some that I have watched but I don't typically watch Anime or read Manga, I'm just not that into it. Things like Dragonball, Cowboy Bebop and other 'iconic' Manga/Anime series just don't appeal to me.

Jan 22, 2012
DN and MA alchemist are good. Somewhere in future i must finish 1st and watch new version of 2nd.

From what i hear one of the best animes out there is Clannad but i will probably not watch it not my style. I like blood not tears :p

Also did anyone watch/read Shaman King ? I'm curious. Anime is nice and manga have we need to rush it syndrome but is somewhat nice :)

Nov 30, 2012
I don't like a lot of anime, or manga for that matter.

I went through a faze as a college student where i tried to watch all sorts of anime/manga just to see if i'd enjoy it.

I don't really like it all that much, I've watched Naruto since I was in school and intend to finish it regardless of how much I dislike it so far. One piece is alright, it has some of my favorite scenes in anime, but overall it's just so long winded and boring. Bleach's first arc was ok but the rest of it just didn't live up to what I expected.

Apart from that, the only two anime i enjoy watching these days are Kingdom and Sword Art Online.

Kingdom is an anime that revolves around a young warrior called Xin who seeks to be the worlds greatest general of China. The anime is set in Feudal china and depicts Xin's growth in personal strength and charisma as he turns from a servant boy into a commander (currently), with dreams of becoming the best.

Sword Art Online is an anime that i both enjoy and dislike greatly. It's an anime about an MMO that traps people within it, the users being unable to log out before they complete the game. What annoys me about the anime is that it takes itself way too seriously in places it shouldn't have.

The only anime I can think of that never once annoyed me was Death Note. Although I hate it's fan base that claim the anime to be deep and stuff.

Apr 23, 2012
Watch Elfen Lied if You like blood in anime. Gantaz and Claymore are also a solid choice.
My most favourite animes are:
- Naruto ( only the first series, excluding spoilers ) for it's crazy animations and plot;
- Slayers series - great humor, even though it's old and some may be repelled by it;
- Shuffle! - At first I was like :s , but then I was like O_O ;
- Claymore - overall superb;
- Death Note - the best in it's kind ( mind games ) ;
- Code Geass ( also one of the best in the mind games type, including robots );
There are many other, but this is my list of favourites, I might have skipped something though.

When it comes to manga then my favs are:
Naruto, Highschool of the Dead, Claymore, Gantz. Either due to top notch drawing or the plot.

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, Code Geass and Death Note are some of the best anime around imo :]

I've just started to watch Sword Art Online which started off kind of, wtf am I watching and ended up growing on me a tonne XD. I've seen elfen lied, yeah gory as :grumpy: I used to watch bleach but in recent years the shows kind of turned to shit :/

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah, Bleach was good at the beginning, as was Naruto, but then... they just got too much attention and stopped caring enough about their viewers.

Nov 30, 2012
Watch Elfen Lied if You like blood in anime. Gantaz and Claymore are also a solid choice.
My most favourite animes are:
- Naruto ( only the first series, excluding spoilers ) for it's crazy animations and plot;
- Slayers series - great humor, even though it's old and some may be repelled by it;
- Shuffle! - At first I was like :s , but then I was like O_O ;
- Claymore - overall superb;
- Death Note - the best in it's kind ( mind games ) ;
- Code Geass ( also one of the best in the mind games type, including robots );
There are many other, but this is my list of favourites, I might have skipped something though.

When it comes to manga then my favs are:
Naruto, Highschool of the Dead, Claymore, Gantz. Either due to top notch drawing or the plot.
I've actually watched Elfen Lied, i feel like the plot is too try hard deep, and the show just panders to the violence rather than anything else. Not my kind of show.

Berzerk on the other hand (much similar to claymore) is my kind of thing (the manga anyway). I'm looking forward to the bluray movie arks.

HSotD has too much boobs in it, I'd rather they focus on the zombies and stuff. I still enjoyed the first season though, just wish the show wouldn't be such a teenage thing.

Yeah, Code Geass and Death Note are some of the best anime around imo :]

I've just started to watch Sword Art Online which started off kind of, wtf am I watching and ended up growing on me a tonne XD. I've seen elfen lied, yeah gory as :grumpy: I used to watch bleach but in recent years the shows kind of turned to shit :/
Same here, I like the newer episodes of SAO, it's a nice change of pace. Most looking forward to the Gun Game Online ark though, it sounds a lot more interesting IMO. The visual novels for SAO are pretty good too, it tells you a lot that the anime doesn't.

Apr 16, 2012
Oh yeah, I might have to get the novels from somewhere haha. I haven't really looked into the upcoming arks going from the name I can imagine it'll be great though :p

Memnarch

Gnarling
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2012
Germany
Phew animes i watch(ed) and liked:

- Elfenlied(obvious eh?^^)
- Claymore
- Death Note
- Code Geass
- Fairy Tale
- D.Gray - Man
- Eureka 7
- Hellsing(Ultimate, Ultimate is not finished but better than the tv series)
- (.. alot more)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (First Season)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (Second season)

Currently watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, First Season was absolutely great(confusing at the beginning, but worht it) and the second one(not yet finished) seems to be even better. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Kai) includes violence/tragedy/Psycho and thriller. If you watch the first season, you'll have to watch the second one to completely understand the background(and DO NOT watch vice versa or ignore the first season, you'll miss a lot :p )

Greetings
Memnarch

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
I'm not really that into Manga/Anime :/

My friend made me watch Cardcaptor Sakura once. It was... better than I expected.

I also watched Elfin Lied recently. It was... weird.

And everyone I know keeps telling me to read Death Note.

Dec 14, 2012
Phew animes i watch(ed) and liked:

- Elfenlied(obvious eh?^^)
-
Most certainly with Luci as your Avatar. :D

My list- (Was hoping there were spoiler tags, :sadface: there is not)
  • Soul Eater (Fun!)
  • Trigun (Ace!)
  • Hellsing (OVA/Ultimate)
  • Full Metal Alchemist (Ace!)
  • Outlaw Star (Fun & Ace!)
  • Detroit Metal City (Hilarious!)
  • Death Note (Ace!)
  • Afro Samurai (Cool!)
  • Bleach (S'alright)
  • Ghost in the Shell (Wicked!)
  • Cowboy Bebop (Fun & Ace!)
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Wicked!)
  • The Big O (Fun!)
  • Dragon Ball/Z/GT (No Comment, it is what it is)
  • Tenchi (Fun!)
  • Love Hina (Hilarious & Fun!)
  • Black Lagoon (Ace and Fun!)
  • Now and Then, Here and There (Ugh! Too dull for my taste)
  • Blood+ (Worst. Protagonist. Ever. Anti-climatic show)
  • Eden of the East (Ace!)
  • FLCL (Cool!)
  • The Last Exile (Ace!)
  • Desert Punk (Fun & Hilarious!)
  • Blue Gender (Ace!)
  • Highschool of the Dead (Cool!)
  • Wolf's Rain (S'alright)
  • Claymore (Ace!)
  • Air Gear (S'alright)
  • Elfen Lied (Ace & Fun!)
  • Spice and Wolf (Ace & Fun!)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Ace & Wicked! better than the OVA)
  • Baccano! (Wicked & Fun!)
  • Mirai Nikki (The Future Diary) (Awesome!)
  • Akira (Ace!)
  • Appleseed (Ace & Wicked!)
  • Dead Leaves (S'alright)
  • Grave of Fireflies (S'alright)
  • Evangelion (series and 1.11 & 2.22) (1.11 & 2.22 are Wicked! OVA S'alright)
  • Malice Doll (Mildly confusing a oddly erotic)
  • Kite (Ace!)
  • Paprika (Ace!)
  • Perfect Blue (Strange!)
  • Princess Mononoke (Ace!)
  • Spirited Away (Cool & Fun!)
  • The Girl Who Lept Through Time (Awesome!)
  • Vexille (Wicked!)
Spice and Wolf is most excellent and after watching the series you find that people who talk about it on Spice and Wolf threads/forums tend to type in the way the characters of such an anime speak, tis most amusing.
So that's my list. :D

sukhonali

Bafu
WFTO Founder
Dec 19, 2011
Back in the days I watched:
Fist of The North Star, Ninja Scrolls, 8 Man After, Street Fighter, Akira.

Recently I watched Death Note and I liked it.

Nov 30, 2012
Fist of the north star and ninja scrolls were 2 of my favourites too, I honestly forgot all about them until you mentioned them. Akira i still have yet to watch, but I've only heard good things.

Top Bottom