• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[mechanic] Creature Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2013
I don't know about you but whenever a firefly or a rogue wandered out into enemy territory without me knowing it, I popped a vein. Could you make some sort of a filter which would tell creatures or imps or both not to pass through marked spot.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
this doesnt work well with WFTO as a game, you cannot control your creatures directly.

tbh, before i add this we have to wait and see how the ai will handle it im pretty sure the devs want to make this better ;)

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
I don't know about you but whenever a firefly or a rogue wandered out into enemy territory without me knowing it, I popped a vein. Could you make some sort of a filter which would tell creatures or imps or both not to pass through marked spot.
A filter perhaps, or if you could somehow specify or have more control over whether the creatures would scout or not would be nice as well? A allow scouting toggle on/off might work.
I found myself on many occasions throwing annoying creatures back out the portal the moment they entered my dungeon for similar reasons.. Became annoying quickly.

Haze

Priestess
Mar 31, 2013
Moscow, Russia
After replaying DK2, I clearly realized: "don't go there" dynamic area markup is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY necessary.
At least for imps, please please...

There are many situations, where doors and barricades can't help. It is a great strategical inconvenience.

Example: enemy imps keep flowing from non-tunnel opening, protected by traps, but damn - the opening is so wide, that I can't prevent my imps from entering enemy territory, and it's too early to conquer them. Also I can't lock my imps inside - or because they're too high-level (can teleport), or because at the same time imps should be somewhere else.

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
After replaying DK2, I clearly realized: "don't go there" dynamic area markup is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY necessary.
At least for imps, please please...

There are many situations, where doors and barricades can't help. It is a great strategical inconvenience.

Example: enemy imps keep flowing from non-tunnel opening, protected by traps, but damn - the opening is so wide, that I can't prevent my imps from entering enemy territory, and it's too early to conquer them. Also I can't lock my imps inside - or because they're too high-level (can teleport), or because at the same time imps should be somewhere else.
It did kind of add to the whole pet dungeon kind of gameplay, was a pain in the ass though, I agree... Perhaps even a ward spell that signals your imps to not continue past a point/s would do it ?

After replaying DK2, I clearly realized: "don't go there" dynamic area markup is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY necessary.or because they're too high-level (can teleport), or because at the same time imps should be somewhere else.
This was down to micro-management, if you dropped them they were assigned to tasks, if they disobey you you wack the little bastards into submission lol, clever system, I found it didnt just make them work harder, if hit in the right direction they usually changed their minds about what they were doing..
I missed in Dungeon Keeper original how you could hit them so often, in Dungeon Keeper 2 your creatures were to squishy in my opinion..

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
A simple notification that your scout is on enemy territory would suffice.
This might get annoying when you have multiple blood imps entering and leaving the enemy dungeon through multiple exits.

"Your minions has entered an enemy dungeon! Your minion has entered an enemy dun- Your minion has entered an enemy dun- You minion has entered an enemy dun- Your minion is under atta- Your minion has entered an enemy dungeon!"

Of course, this problem could be resolved by just informing you via a display on the mini map.

Jan 3, 2013
This might get annoying when you have multiple blood imps entering and leaving the enemy dungeon through multiple exits.

"Your minions has entered an enemy dungeon! Your minion has entered an enemy dun- Your minion has entered an enemy dun- You minion has entered an enemy dun- Your minion is under atta- Your minion has entered an enemy dungeon!"

Of course, this problem could be resolved by just informing you via a display on the mini map.
I said scouts, not imps or other units. It's they who will roam outside your dungeon, other creatures just shouldn't do that. Imps will need different approach.

Haze

Priestess
Mar 31, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Another application for "do-not-go-there" markup = to protect imps from enemy cannons.
Often cannons are being protected by lava or unreachable, thus they have a large area to shoot through, and whatever AI is, I don't want my imps to go there. And damn, imps still teleport there, because there is single claimed tile!

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
Another application for "do-not-go-there" markup = to protect imps from enemy cannons.
Often cannons are being protected by lava or unreachable, thus they have a large area to shoot through, and whatever AI is, I don't want my imps to go there. And damn, imps still teleport there, because there is single claimed tile!
I dont think anything should stop the creatures from still trying to do this, its their reason for being in your dungeon, what else are they going to do with themselves when they scared for their life that if they sit around when there is ANY work to be done that they will be brutally bitch slapped to death..
A spell or object or area toggle, some sort of small mechanic which does not stop the imps being imps but discourages them from running blindly into enemy territory but for a small price would do the trick..
This should not be freely available, I think it should cost a small amount of money to keep the game going, create stratergy and to discourage turtling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom