• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Mechanic] dungeon heart buffs your minons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
i think it would be interesting if there was a option to trade 50% of your dungeon hearts hp for a tempoary speed or attack boost to all your minons. plus makes your minons suffer from reduced movment for a while after it wears off. (because you basicly made them tired lol mabey make them look like they are weary too)

also have other options like passive effects that affect minons that are nearby the dungeon heart like minor health regeneration , or if its under attack slightly boost the defense of your minons. for imps it could give them a tempoary movment speed boost for 10 seconds when they are in the dungeon heart room.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
I'm not a fan of the sacrifice one - it favors offensive players too much, and since you're sacrificing half of your dungeon heart's health most people would only use it if they already have an advantage and if a defender uses it the attacker can just withdraw until it wears off.

I like the general idea of the heart providing some benefits though, and think it could be worked into the Veins of Evil. Some of this could affect dungeon design. A few possible examples:

Vein of Wrath: The heart provides a temporary boost to experience gain for units that pass by it. This would encourage players to design their dungeon so that units pass by the heart as much as possible.
Vein of Greed: The heart provides an efficiency bonus to rooms placed within a small to medium radius of it. Players would be encouraged to place rooms core to their strategy closer to the dungeon heart.
Vein of Sloth: The heart provides some kind of bonus to defending units within a large radius. The closer the units are to the heart the better the bonus. Alternatively traps could be more powerful when closer to the heart.

Passive bonus sets should be among the mutually exclusive choices on the Veins.

Jan 3, 2013
50% HP cost of Dungeon Heart is way too high price for any buff to begin with.

The rest - Enjou described everything.

Jan 3, 2013
This might work of there was a constant drain of health from your dungeon heart, rather than a lump-sum amount?
Inb4 player killed himself because he was too busy managing fight over portal.

I personally dislike the idea of draining your heart's health, especially if healing heart will take lots of time and resources. We already have blood and mana, they can be used as payment in such case.

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
well i was trying to come up with a double edged sword type ablity.
if you cut 50% of your health the enemy could use that against you, if they have a hidden invasion route planned.
in either case we need more mechanics that leave you more vulnrable if you try to rush and rely on them too much!

for instance wrath players need to have defense penalties somewhere to make it possible to counter their offense.

i have a good concept of how stuff needs to be balanced so one side isn't over powered.

IDEA!!!
make the buffs need to be recearched and stored in a library! so if the enemy destroys the library where its stored you lose your defense advantage ect!

this also makes protecting the library more important and means they won't have the buffs right at the start of the level.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
well i was trying to come up with a double edged sword type ablity.
if you cut 50% of your health the enemy could use that against you, if they have a hidden invasion route planned.
in either case we need more mechanics that leave you more vulnrable if you try to rush and rely on them too much!
Even if the other player had a hidden invasion route in the works if the enemy is pounding on their gates it's highly unlikely they would initiate the attack - the loss of health to the Dungeon Heart is only a small risk. If the majority of your units are on the front lines, you're not going to be able to defend your dungeon very well anyways.

for instance wrath players need to have defense penalties somewhere to make it possible to counter their offense.
By virtue of focusing on the Vein of Wrath they would already be defensively weak.

Robofish

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Dec 1, 2012
Surrey, laughing at how rubbish Sussex is.
I don't mind the heart giving certain benefits such as most of what Enjou suggested, but as with other ideas suggested, I will always be against anything that promotes making your heart an ideal battleground location. You should never desire the enemy to be within a million miles of your heart, but if you get bonuses in combat when fighting around it, it could promote luring the enemy in to stage the battle there, and that is not an idea that appeals to me.

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
indeed making the dungeon heart take 2x damage for the defense boost or something sounds ok too but i perfer the idea of needing to store the passive spells in the library forcing you to make a bigger library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom