• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[mechanic] ghost view

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorudo

Warden
WFTO Backer
Jan 3, 2013
building my dungeon
in DK1 and DK2 we can simply take a creature and move around, this simply makes some things really dangerous because you're risking one creature to be killed.
however, plenty of players would like to explore without being in constant danger, so i was thinking about a system that might work.

ghost view makes you a shadow ghost to view from first person, you can only go to specific places:
-your claimed land.
-sand
-water
-lava

you can't travel on:
-enemy claimed land.
-hero land

you are still blocked by doors and such so it isn't a free pass to explore enemy players, all it does is giving the underlord a way to see everything it should while keeping the fog of war still a small time consuming function.
it costs 90% of your blood bar and you can't do a thing but you are immortal, so they can't do anything while you can't do anything ether.:cool:

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
im not sure on this,

its a scouting tool (which isnt bad) but why not use a creature for that? that is what possesion is for...

the point is: the ability to scout (even if only yours and neutral areas should be combined with a risk (like using that unit)

well adding this

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Ghost view would be a relatively nifty tool for scouting unclaimed land and water/lava, but I don't see many other useful applications for it, given the fact that you obviously should not be able to just stroll into the enemy's base without him having a possibility to attack you.
That being said, how about having the spell create something akin to World of Warcrafts Eye of Killrog, that is, a fast moving but extremely fragile scout that can be easily replaced. It would allow you to infiltrate the enemy dungeon without having to fear loosing one of your better units, while at the same time being fragile enough to allow your enemy to intercept it before it reaches critical locations.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Basically, the OP is suggesting the normal game camera? :p

I think I'll partly hijack your thread and request a spectator mode to go with it. I'd fucking love spectating WFTO 1v1 or 2v2 matches.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
I'm not sure I am quite so keen on this idea personally. I mean, if I wanted to scout outside my dungeon, I would use a creature so to access unclaimed land. If I wanted to explore my own dungeon, I might as well use a creature anyway. Either way, possession wasn't even really that dangerous - you could just bail out if things got a bit too hot and grab the creature.

Sorry :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom