• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Mechanic] Spell influence on hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jari Nierop

Warden
WFTO Backer
Dec 31, 2012
The Netherlands
I recently came up with this idea when I was playing Bioshock, Wouldn't it be neat if the "hand" (cursor) in the game would get influenced by the spell you have selected. For example if you have a fire spell selected the hand will take a fiery appearance. Not only would this look visually appealing but will also make clear to the player what spell he has selected.

Silencer2869

Dwarven Worker
May 16, 2013
Dnmark, Brønderslev
As long as it does not gets in the way of combat. If the effect is too large it can be hard to see what's going on in the battlefield.
If I remember correctly there were not an effect in DK2 when selecting spells, but if this game has macro it would be great to see some form of feedback when selecting what kind of spell you have selected .

Nov 28, 2014
sup, guise
First of all I like the idea of spells influencing the look of the cursor. Nice one.
Second thing is: I don`t want to needlessly multiply threads so just gonna ask here: have there been information about different designs for the cursor? I know its just nitpicking at this point, but I thought it would be really cool if there were few designs to choose from; like 2 or 3. They don`t have to be that different either, just a cosmetic thing. It will sound a little OCD but the current one looks kinda scrawny to me.
Cheers;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom