• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Mechanic] When in Possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastersam911

Firebreather
Aug 18, 2013
This idea is born from when playing star wars battlefront 2.

So when you got a certain rank battlefront 2 then as you were manoeuvring around the map, (on the ps2) you would press the up button whilst pointing at an ally and they would follow you.

So when in possession and after you have either unlocked something/ got to a high rank/level then you can get creatures to follow you and you have a little cohort to go attack something with. Also when "asking" a creature to follow you a loud booming voice could be heard which makes the creature follow the creature your possessing.

Nov 13, 2013
I think there was already a system like this in dk2. I think you could point the cursor while in possession at creatures and press a button, and they would them follow behind you.

I'm not sure why it would be neccisarly to restrict the ability to higher level creatures. I don't think a booming voice is neccisary, but I don't have anything in particular against it.

Feb 4, 2014
Netherlands
Speaking off possession:
Depending on the differences on the physical body of the possessed creature, it could happen that the opponent realizes that the Underlord is on the battlefield instead of surveying it. Your allies could get a confidence buff, rally around you, and die at your feet to keep you alive. The enemy could pick up on this, and begin to focus you down. Get you off the field asap, and while your ears are still ringing from the frantic cries of death from the one you possesd, the enemy could take advantage of it to rip through your lines.

This would give an extra element to first person combat in your Dungeons. As it will buff your minions, a well timed possession could tip the tide of battle. However, making careless decisions and exposing yourself as the Underlord can easily backfire on you.

hagen

Bloodling
Feb 15, 2014
if i understood this right u want to go in a commandmode when possesing a creature ? that sounds quite more interesting than the old dungeonkeeper possesion.

i would probably add like lets say 2 skills u get when in this mode like maybe a buff for alleys or a fear spell that scares away weaker enemys ... however i would suggest to make it independent of which creature u control, because u are the mighty keeper that shows his power no matter what foolish poor creature u have to take control of :p

Feb 4, 2014
Netherlands
i would probably add like lets say 2 skills u get when in this mode like maybe a buff for alleys or a fear spell that scares away weaker enemys ... however i would suggest to make it independent of which creature u control, because u are the mighty keeper that shows his power no matter what foolish poor creature u have to take control of :p
Fear the possessed imp!

hagen

Bloodling
Feb 15, 2014
yeah why not ^^

there also might be a minor animaton when taking control like the poor monstrer holding his head screaming when mindbroken :D

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
this idea at its simplest (ai focusing attacks on possessed minion) i think is great. i dont think it needs to be over complicated. you already have a buff in that a human brain is controlling the unit as opposed to ai.

(give it a few decades and my last statement might no longer be valid lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom